JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For some reason tonight I got sucked into watching a bunch of gun/scope reviews on youtube looking for info on a bunch of different things. Most of it is just f-ing horrible. Most of the videos I watched featured country music and prattling, unscientific tests, and in at least one case excessive use of the phrase "I feel" without much justification for the feeling. I'm also officially sick of the term "operator".

Because we all know every "operator" out there is scouring the internet for the latest in sub-$500 prism scopes, because it's simply impossible to get an ACOG through the GSA catalog, and any sight that takes the worlds most common coin cell battery (the CR2032) is not worth spending money on because you'll never find replacement batteries for it outside pretty much every store that sells batteries.

Lets not forget to mention "Watch this before spending a penny on..."

I don't know if anyone out there is a youtube reviewer, but FFS stop doing this kinda stuff. It's irritating.

For some reason tonight I got sucked into watching a bunch of gun/scope reviews on youtube looking for info on a bunch of different things. Most of it is just f-ing horrible. Most of the videos I watched featured country music and prattling, unscientific tests, and in at least one case excessive use of the phrase "I feel" without much justification for the feeling. I'm also officially sick of the term "operator".

Because we all know every "operator" out there is scouring the internet for the latest in sub-$500 prism scopes, because it's simply impossible to get an ACOG through the GSA catalog, and any sight that takes the worlds most common coin cell battery (the CR2032) is not worth spending money on because you'll never find replacement batteries for it outside pretty much every store that sells batteries.

Lets not forget to mention "Watch this before spending a penny on..."

I don't know if anyone out there is a youtube reviewer, but FFS stop doing this kinda stuff. It's irritating.

I agree with this, to the point of thinking about starting a firearm-related YouTube channel based on actual scientific principles. Most of what's out there right now is pure entertainment.

I hate the people who watch an anti-gun video, think they know all about guns, and then make a decision based on the video and no prior knowledge.

Sadly this is pretty common. It's unfortunate that the anti-gun groups are much more 'polished' than we are when it comes to marketing.

What I hate the most are these "unboxing" videos of new guns. You know, the one's where the guy has the gun in the closed box sitting on a table on camera, and it sits there while he is blabbing for 3 to 5 minutes before opening the box, so you can at least see the damn thing while he's talking. Then after he finally opens it, he spends another 5 minutes yapping showing and telling you about the paperwork and lock that's packed in with it, before he say's word one about the actual firearm.

What I hate the most are these "unboxing" videos of new guns. You know, the one's where the guy has the gun in the closed box sitting on a table on camera, and it sits there while he is blabbing for 3 to 5 minutes before opening the box, so you can at least see the damn thing while he's talking. Then after he finally opens it, he spends another 5 minutes yapping showing and telling you about the paperwork and lock that's packed in with it, before he say's word one about the actual firearm.

I couldn't agree more! Who cares? Seems like there's an unboxing video for just about everything these days.

"I have these graham crackers here...."

New Resource Reviews

Back Top