JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went shooting this morning with the guys! Here are some pics of the are!! Gotta love reaching out 1200 yards and ringing steel.

7BC5B197-E049-46E7-B051-200D33DEA109.jpeg

3A5C089D-E375-4FF6-A553-405906B4FF7F.jpeg

5AEAD8A7-939D-4B49-BEA6-035A494CB484.jpeg

E19728DB-2539-4BE1-8DC4-A598AFF26F1F.jpeg

2A65A8E0-24C9-4585-9FB0-5764D11A2C48.jpeg

Oh man that looks like a beautiful spot to ring steel!

And it's probably not 110* like it is here right now either...

And bye the way, the "like" button doesn't fully convey my feelings!

Looks like walking back out there to retrieve the targets is one hellsinki of an adventure. I had two buds from Stockton come to my little Nevada town last Sunday. We set-up on a dry lake about four miles from my home and hit the steel from 200-some, 400-some and 509 yards. They had an absolute blast. Seems the insane-in-power in The Peoples' Republic of Stalinifornia don't allow target ranges of over 200 yards. I guess that's so shooters cannot hone their skills to a level that would allow them to bullseye a cantaloupe at 800 yards. There are two youtube vids of us out there. Wondering if I should post-up the URLs so y'all can see where I shoot...

Its a half hour drive from shooting platform to target area taking the dirt roads around. The Tikka performed flawlessly! Had a nice breeze blowing from the side. Took Four shots to hit the perfect angle and windage after that it was like a dream. And the suppressor made it all that much better!

Rather than putting-up the URL for the short youtube videos that were taken, I'll just put-up a screen-capture of where we were. There are targets out there, but they got lost when I sized the picture down from 1300 pixels wide to 800. That black spot on the right is a steel disc at 25 yards; was used for shootin' a .357 Smith at it. The rifle shown is some sort of Kel-Tec thing; never saw one before. The targets at 200-some yards are the two very small black dots just to the left of the path. The ones at 400-some and 509 are lost in the reduction. From where we shot, there's nothing to hit for over 2¾ miles. It's very safe...
where-i-shoot.JPG

Last Edited:
The 600-yard range where I am a member of an organized, NRA-sanctioned club. About five miles from my house. I do not shoot here very much because the range faces due East and we're pretty much blinded between 0700 to about 0930 or so, which is about when the sun rises enough to have the covered benches negate the sun into our faces. Our lease on the place also has us closing-down at 1200; open on Sundays only. We're a small club; doubtful we have even thirty members which makes getting a bench really easy. The stands for the 600-yard gong disappeared in the reduction of this image from over 1300 pixels to 800 pixels wide. The 225-yard target is the black rectangle to the left. There is a multiplicity of other ranges staked-out, usually about every fifty yards. The range is well-removed from the highway, so there is no noise to disturb us.

Every time I'm here I sit back and look at the place, and I think there's some poor batsard in some densely-populated Eastern Seaboard city who wishes he had a place so close like this to go shoot. Membership is $30 a year, and Nevada's weather is such that we can be out here pretty much every weekend. Our summers are hot and dry; our winters are cold and dry. We rarely suffer from days and days of rain, or snowdrifts of several feet deep. My friends from Stockton pay $350 a year to have some RSO breathing down their necks, regulating how many seconds between each shot, et cetera. I live in Nevada because we still remember what Freedom is, even though we have an anti-Liberty Governor...

Eff-ess-ess-A-range.JPG

Last Edited:
Next time I go to Clark I will snap some pics. It's the best range around and is only 8 min drive from my house. We pay $100 a year and have four ranges to use. Range 4 goes out to 300 yards which works perfect.

I my mind if you can't be accurate at 300 sitting comfortably at a bench I'm not taking you to my secret spot in the hills to shoot from 1000+ yards

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top