JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all! I saw the link over at The High Road and thought it would be fun trying a young site.

I'm a college student in the Sacramento area studying business in hopes of opening up a gun shop/survival gear store someday. I'm 19 years old and grew up with firearms (parents both LEOs, one now retired). I love plinking, and I hope to get into entry-level competitive shooting once I get some money together.

Other than guns, I like to hike, prep, and get frustrated about politics.

Hats off to you, that has to be tough living down there. Sounds like you have a great plan though.

Hope you enjoy the site (as it grows). I'm sure you have experience with other sites in your region, so let me know if you have any feedback for me.

Actually there are quite a few gun shops in the Sacramento area. If you take business courses I'm sure you have the knowledge to lay out a business plan and use demographic data to locate the shop. I have one shop, out of the perhaps a half dozen within 2 mile radius, I frequent. The big reason is the knowledge of the shop owner and the gunsmithing he can do for my rifles, revolvers and pistols. I can cont on him and his staff. Good luck with your venture.

I'll probably end up starting my business in another state (Idaho is looking pretty good). This state just keeps getting more restrictive as time goes on, and I don't want to risk operating a shop that could be legislated out of business.

I tried to keep faith that the good people of this state (there are many) would start to win the fight, but when Long Gun Registration passed into law (effective 2013 IIRC) I was done. If things change, great. But I'm not holding my breath.

Always a tough decision whether to stay and fight or move on. I face that same decision with the city of Portland.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top