JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Absolutely. I've never believed in not having a round chambered. If it were a concern I'd carry a gun with a manual safety.

Sad video :(

If your going to present a weapon it should be ready to go. The out come may have been different. Did not look to me that the man had a grasp of what was going to happen by pointing a weapon at robbers with weapons. Sad, know your tools.

If your going to present a weapon it should be ready to go. The out come may have been different. Did not look to me that the man had a grasp of what was going to happen by pointing a weapon at robbers with weapons. Sad, know your tools.

That's how it appeared to me as well. Training is important folks!

Looks like he jumped out while trying to chamber expecting the bad guy to start running or something. If anything at that moment if he absolutely had to pause to chamber a round he should have gotten behind that white object to at least make conceal part of his movements.

Either way, carry it loaded. With proper training and proper handling it is safe and it is the way it is intended to be carried. Anything else is people feeling uncomfortable with their tools of choice and that means they really just need more/better training before they continue carrying.

Looks like he jumped out while trying to chamber expecting the bad guy to start running or something. If anything at that moment if he absolutely had to pause to chamber a round he should have gotten behind that white object to at least make conceal part of his movements.

Either way, carry it loaded. With proper training and proper handling it is safe and it is the way it is intended to be carried. Anything else is people feeling uncomfortable with their tools of choice and that means they really just need more/better training before they continue carrying.

Training is key. We fall back on our muscle memory when in high stress situations.

Yeah, I read a Massad Ayoob case article many moons ago about two drunk neighbors settling a dispute in the hallway of their apartment complex - stand up dueling style. Subject A had a 1911 .45ACP, managed to get 8 strikes into center mass - Subject B had Semi-Auto 22LR, put 2 strikes center mass. Both died, A died on the scene, B died in hospital few hours later.

It's all about bullet placement ... then lady luck throws her hand in the mix for bubblegums and giggles ...

I was a Medic for 6 years, dismount on the line with my Joe's, B Co., 2/5 Cav of 1st Cav, deployed to Sadr City, Iraq May 04-05. Saw guys guys die you thought would make it and guys live you thought were goners. Lady Luck be fickle.

Point is ... Watch your surroundings ... Train like you fight ... And be as ready as you can be for it if it ever does happen. Hence keeping one in the chamber...

New Resource Reviews

Back Top