JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know that every single one of you wants one set up just like this:

Isetta W Mounted Gun.jpg

I remember riding in one of those in LA when I was a wee one. Mom saw it in the show room and we got one to test drive. Had little power or creature comforts. What I remember is the whole front end opened for the door.

I would rather have a M-2 and a pair of M-1919 mounted on my 42 Half Cab Truck, WC-22 Dodge done up Desert Rat style, Nothing says GTFOTW like a Mad PowerWagon armed to the teeth! LOL

Kinda like this bad boy!
1597442050292.png
Or this
mad-max-style-truck-wagon-cover-burning-man-2015-21670440151.jpg

I had a 48 Power Wagon with a 454 in it. Drove it everyday to work, gas was like 40 cents a gallon back then. The truck would go anywhere and did not mind a load in the bed.
One day at breakfast I ran into a guy that wanted it way more than I did. He found the magic number and I sold it to him and got a F250 for work. Gas started getting expensive then and it was better to have something that go better mileage.

Mine ( work in progress) has a ITB 3.9L Cummins and 6 speed in it with a NP-205 divorced transfer case, all else is stock! Had a full set of 6 "Combat Rims" widened and have a set of 37 inch Super Swamper Boggers on it! It's a beast for sure! Needs a bunch more work still, like Power Brakes, and Power steering, and the seats done! Probably going to paint it the current issue desert tan! Man, I LOVE those old Power Wagons! :cool:

. . . gas was like 40 cents a gallon back then.
That would have been in the early 1970s. I lived in Idaho Falls, ID between June 1973 and June 1975. I didn't drive, but I kind o' remember gas was around 37 cents per gallon. This was after the OPEC Oil Crisis, so 37 cents was the "exploding" price. Before 1973, the last I remember seeing gasoline was something like 26 cents per gallon in June 1969. I remember the price being $1.17⁹ in May of 1980. It's more than quadruple the 1980 price in my small Nevada town in these present days.

It must be the latest French Army tank, designed to meet the unique demands of modern French warfare.....

:s0140:
It's German. PAX
That would have been in the early 1970s. I lived in Idaho Falls, ID between June 1973 and June 1975. I didn't drive, but I kind o' remember gas was around 37 cents per gallon. This was after the OPEC Oil Crisis, so 37 cents was the "exploding" price. Before 1973, the last I remember seeing gasoline was something like 26 cents per gallon in June 1969. I remember the price being $1.17⁹ in May of 1980. It's more than quadruple the 1980 price in my small Nevada town in these present days.
When I got my ticket in '68, fuel was a little over .20 cents. We could drive my '66 bug to Yosemite and back for $5.00 bucks, took around 8 hours one way. For another five spot you could bail out a case of "C" rations from the surplus store. For $10 bucks 4 guys did Yos for a weekend. Costs a hunnerd bucks for fuel now, and only takes 2.5 hours to get there. PAX

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top