Reactions
I know that every single one of you wants one set up just like this:

Isetta W Mounted Gun.jpg

Reactions
I remember riding in one of those in LA when I was a wee one. Mom saw it in the show room and we got one to test drive. Had little power or creature comforts. What I remember is the whole front end opened for the door.

Reactions
I had a 48 Power Wagon with a 454 in it. Drove it everyday to work, gas was like 40 cents a gallon back then. The truck would go anywhere and did not mind a load in the bed.
One day at breakfast I ran into a guy that wanted it way more than I did. He found the magic number and I sold it to him and got a F250 for work. Gas started getting expensive then and it was better to have something that go better mileage.

Reactions
Mine ( work in progress) has a ITB 3.9L Cummins and 6 speed in it with a NP-205 divorced transfer case, all else is stock! Had a full set of 6 "Combat Rims" widened and have a set of 37 inch Super Swamper Boggers on it! It's a beast for sure! Needs a bunch more work still, like Power Brakes, and Power steering, and the seats done! Probably going to paint it the current issue desert tan! Man, I LOVE those old Power Wagons! :cool:

Reactions
. . . gas was like 40 cents a gallon back then.
That would have been in the early 1970s. I lived in Idaho Falls, ID between June 1973 and June 1975. I didn't drive, but I kind o' remember gas was around 37 cents per gallon. This was after the OPEC Oil Crisis, so 37 cents was the "exploding" price. Before 1973, the last I remember seeing gasoline was something like 26 cents per gallon in June 1969. I remember the price being $1.17⁹ in May of 1980. It's more than quadruple the 1980 price in my small Nevada town in these present days.

Reactions
Best one I rememeber was a Flash Gas Station on the North side of Chicago and gas was 0.11 a gallon. Yep just over a dime a gallon. I was a little tyke then maybe 8 years old.

Latest Resource Reviews

Back Top