JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
  2. Want to Trade For
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
357 Magnum
City
Kingman
State
Arizona
Looking for companion to my sons latest acquisition (S&W 586). College student, so looking for a used to lightly used version that someone might want to part with. May have some stuff for trade (guns, Ammo, etc). Thanks.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I believe you will find used ones hard to very hard to acquire. There are the usual suspects Armslist and Gun broker to look for and decide if you really want to ship it sight unseen. I have had good luck that route others have not.
I believe you will be looking at new, with Rossi and Henry the least expensive. If your thinking of the Marlin Camp rifle good luck they are few and far between I bought a Rossi 44-40 lever at a gun show. Really liked it reloading was easy. Quality was good , fit and finish were acceptable for what I wanted at the time. I bought another Rossi product, which is a changeable barrel 12 gauge and .308. I bought the Rossi because I could not find a Savage 24 that was reasonably priced. Most folks that I found wanted museum prices for them.
A .357 in a rifle is a solid 100 yard gun. The longer barrel helps the velocity. Over 100 yards pistol calibers do not preform all that well. I have a Ruger .44 mag that looks like its little brother the 10-22. It struggles at 100 yards, but that just may be my old eyes and arms.
I would consider the use before purchase. If your considering hunting you may wan to consider a rifle caliber
Good luck may your search be short

pistol.jpg

Very good insight on this "situation". I too have a Ruger 44 Carbine that was my mothers. Fun gun but would not do really good for any distance. Good brush gun in Washington State where I used to hunt. Since we don't hunt now the .357 lever would be more for the interchangeability. I have two Winchesters in 30-30, but he's not getting his hands on those until they read the will.

I guess I just have to keep my ear to the ground and hopefully we will happen upon one, even if I have to refurbish it. Thanks again for the insight and taking the time to respond. Be safe and stay healthy.

The .44 carbine is a lot like shooting my .45 carbine. Rainbows for any distance.
I have tried loading some ++P for my .45 carbine really did not do much. I would not shoot those hot loads in my pistols. As for warming up the .44 have not tried that. I would expect the same. I have to much respect for my carbine to wander off the path much.
If I remember Ruger got sued over using the Deer Slayer tag on the .44. Seems Ithaca had a shotgun that had that moniker. I keep my eye open for .22 mag in the Ruger style just to complete the set. I have heard so much bad about autos and .22 mag that I have not gotten the bug to buy yet.
Vegas used to have the Crossroads gun show. I went to one once, I was up there working. It might be a good place to look and not all that far from you. I worked on the Nautilus and Oro Grand schools when they were constructed. That was a hot summer even with the boat. Jump into the lake and the first 2 feet from the surface was warm bath water.
Early to bed and up before the sun that job.

Deer Stalker. Would love to find one of those. I have also been "hunting" for as 10/22 Magnum. Would love to add that little toy to my collection. According to the front page of this forum they are still having those gunshows and down in your neck of the woods too. Hot summer? In Vegas? No way....

From Wikipedia:
Designed as a close range carbine for deer hunting in dense woods, Ruger released the Model 44 Carbine in 1961 as the "Deerstalker", a moniker it used until 1962 due to a lawsuit brought by the Ithaca Gun Company. The design influenced the smaller and more popular Ruger 10/22 model chambered in .22 LR that would debut in 1964. The rifle was discontinued in 1985 due to high production costs.] Ruger does not offer any parts support for the Model 44.

The Ruger Model 44 was replaced by the Ruger Deerfield Carbine introduced in 2000 and produced until 2006.[5] The Deerfield is a brand new design and has little in common with the Model 44. While the Model 44 featured a solid-topped receiver, the modern Deerfield Carbine has an open-top design more resembling the M1 Carbine, which offered increased strength and lower production costs. The Deerfield uses a rotary magazine similar to that used on Ruger's .22 LR 10/22 rifle.

I quit going when so a _ _ h_ _ _ starting filming video not stills of everyone entering the show. This was not a news station just someone who was filming the people entering.
I immediately went and complained, screamed about the issue and the shows people said it is public property so they could not do anything. Even thou they had paid for the use of the property I demanded my money back and some 50 of us left on the first day. Have not been back. Tucson is full of liberals that do not understand the constitution. I am on enough lists and do not need to be on any private lists.
Pima county said that they are going to start calling people for Covid and doing contact tracing. There is nothing about HIPPA or your privacy and all of the data is collected by a third party. Gee I wonder how many copies of that data there will be circulated? Lets see one for the collection company, one for the county and for sure one for the state. Who knows how many more will get copies.

weak point.jpg

I have a Rossi Lever Action Model R92 .357 Mag 20 inch barrel and case colored Chiappa Model 1892 .357 with 20" barrel &a blade front and ladder style rear sights, full-length magazine might consider 9mm 1911 in trade

863a_1.jpg rossi-r92-lever-action-carbine-lever-action-rifle-1477936-1.jpg

Looking for companion to my sons latest acquisition (S&W 586). College student, so looking for a used to lightly used version that someone might want to part with. May have some stuff for trade (guns, Ammo, etc). Thanks.
Do you still have the 357 for sale?

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top