JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Manufacturer
Ruger
Caliber
22 Long Rifle
City
TEMPE
State
Arizona
Zip Code
Hello, I haven't had Ruger 10/22 in forever and feel like I should add one to my collection again. I'd like something that had a picatinny rail on top, but I'm out of touch with what 10/22s are like now, or if it's easy to put scope rings on them, I'd like something with a low power optic I can plink to 100-200yds with, everything else is so expensive and I spent far too long buying more expensive rifles and was like "wait I don't even own a .22 anymore!" Thanks in advance for any advice. An SKS that isn't a rip-off would be interesting as well.

Thanks in advance for an info or ideas for where to look! It's been crazy, I haven't even been able to find steel cased 9mm for plinking with lately. Sigh I wish this would all calm down.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
All things in time for the calming part. A sports caster in OK just got fired for saying that because the stadium was empty Not even any women here

There are a couple of screws on top of the receiver, check that maybe 4 screws that can accept either pic rail or a scope mount. I have a 3x9 on mine. The feet on the scope mounts even allows using the iron sites if you wish. I never have.

As for the 200 yard shooting that is way far IMO for a .22 Long Rifle. I rarely shoot mine over 80 yards. But I am old and do not see all that well any more. This chart indicates that a .22 will drop 32" at 200 yards. It is something like 17" at 100 yards.

Cheers, It's been over 10 years since I had one, so I am not so familiar with them anymore. And yeah good point, either way 100yds and in is honestly about all I'll do with it, I need something I can go keep practicing with that doesn't cost me $1 every time I pull the trigger, an SKS would be nice to find too, 7.62x39mm is still fairly cheap to find. I can use a 5.56 or my .308 for longer range stuff now and then without depleting my stash. One day, if things ever are in stock again, a .338 lapua magnum would be nice to practice distance with, but my .308 build can reach out pretty far.

As far as the 10/22m I'm guessing something can be found in the $200-400 price range? I wasn't keeping up on the market before COVID and chaos struck, and I'm sure that hasn't helped the pricing for any firearm still available anywhere. I've seen some of the most insane prices on some places.

I found a Remington production model of the Browning SA22. Always wanted one and this one was at a price I could not say no to. It is not a Browning but it looks and works just like the original. I find it more fun to shoot but it is not a weapon that has a lot of aftermarket for it.
Saturday I found a place that will build a 10-22 barrel as long as you want for 10 bucks an inch over 18. There are a lot of people that get a Ruger and customize it to the hilt.
I got lucky a few years ago and acquired the original big brother to the 10-22, it is in .44 mag. Still just a 100 yard gun. It is great for Javelina.

Yeah I honestly admit it's been a long time since I've been in the .22LR market and don't know what prices are even reasonable these days for any options out there, and really was thinking "dude why haven't you got a .22LR since the last time you had to had to sell everything in 2017 for money" lol. I guess I am flexible to knowing what prices are, and as far as customization 10/22 is just what I remember being able to mount an optic on to fairly easily, lots of aftermarket stuff, etc, but any semi auto .22LR would be cool, and I'm not sure what the cheaper end of 7.62x39 firearms available right now are either that are worth anything. I've had a SLR-107FR for almost 10 years, and suddenly feel like I need something else chambered in the cartridge since it's about the only rifle ammunition that isn't insane to buy still. Thanks for the conversations guys!

So just to bump, does anyone have any recommendations at all for where to look for a ruger 10/22 and what I might expect to pay lately, I DO want to mount an option on it, one way or another. I also am open to other magazine fed semi auto 22LRs, this is just what I have most of my experience with.

Honestly, I'm even open to decent bolt action guns with a magazine at this point, because I want one more as a survival and backup backup backup. Thanks guys. I've been out of the .22 rifle game forever.

Bass Pro is advertising a new one for $270. Checking on Gun Broker a used one is 300 bucks.
The Pic rail is available on Amazon for about 20 bucks, that is where I got mine.
I have a SS Ruger and would not sell it for 300 even though I have not run any shells through it for a decade. When the younger and ladies are out shooting it is a very popular gun.
You mention as a back up. Ruger makes a take down model that would be easy to put into a back pack. I looked hard at them when they came out and passed as the .22LR is a plinking fun gun. Not something I would consider as a back up. Now changing the LR to WMR. Would make it a backup in my mind. Ruger made a .22 mag like the 10-22 but I heard so much bad about them I never even looked for one.
I have one of these combos, but in .308 and 12 gauge. I paid less than 400 delivered for it. It is under the seat in my truck. I figure it is cheaper than a trunk monkey.

Check all of the pawn shops in your area, gun shops. Because the 10-22 is so bullet proof I would purchase one there if it was right for me.
Unfortunately due to the popularity I do not believe you will find much of a bargain for one.
You can narrow the searches in Armslist to just AZ if you want. There is one in Queen Creek for 700. Lots of extras and it is a take down.

Here is my 10/22 w/ factory scope rail. Bought it new at the end of 2012. Maybe 150-200 rounds shot. My kid never liked it. $250.00
20200830_194803.jpg 20200830_195025.jpg

Here is my 10/22 w/ factory scope rail. Bought it new at the end of 2012. Maybe 150-200 rounds shot. My kid never liked it. $250.00
View attachment 8774View attachment 8775
Thanks for the pics, I sent you a DM regarding it, I appreciate you following up on this and if things work out, I definitely will still be interested in the coming weeks after I sort out unexpected auto expenses. Thanks again!

I have the 50th Anna edition of Rugers 10/22, laser etched walnut stock, tactical scope, and Boyt take down carry case embroidered Ruger. Have around 800.00 in it, new never fired. Looking to trade toward a colt 45 acp,
maybe a Wiley clap Talo commander. Heck, I thought I had pics, will need to take some and post.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top