JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, it shoots regular 22 rimfire ammo, read a. Couple of articles about it, has a four and a. half pound trigger pull out of the box, shoots groups under one and a half inches at 50 yds off of sandbags.Trying to save money to buy one.

My Google-Fue says it's a new rifle with a catchy ( and confusing name) .22 LR rifle. nothing particularly special, ( kinda funky looking) and there is also Winchesters .22LR brand ammo too!
1571691034483.png
1571691051255.png

Winchester wildcat rimfire rifle . . .
It's not a wildcat rifle as we think of wildcat cartridges. The name of the rifle is Wildcat. Seems the OP suffered a capitalization failure. Praise God no one was injured or killed...

My Google-Fue says it's a new rifle with a catchy ( and confusing name) .22 LR rifle. nothing particularly special, ( kinda funky looking) and there is also Winchesters .22LR brand ammo too!
View attachment 6254
View attachment 6255
Local sporting goods stores have not seen any yet, called winchester, they said that they will be in their warehouse by end of month. Retailers should begin to see them within a week after that. I have read three test reports and all have been positive, by just removing one pin the rifle breaks down so that you can clean it from breech to barrel, with open sights it has delivered groups around one and a quarter inches fired from a sandbag, trigger pull on test models is four and a half pounds, retail price is $229.00

I don't shoot .22LR. The stuff is so miserably inaccurate, it's a waste of time. I shot a tournament in June 2010. It was fifty yards onto the NRA small-bore target (black circles about two or so inches in diameter). I was using a 40X scope on a $1600 rifle. I could see the bullets curve downward and to the left. I took third and never fired another .22LR for accuracy after that. I go out now with a .22 and just pop-off the rounds at nothing in particular. I scraped and scrounged for bricks and bricks of them during those few years when they were just not to be had. I hoarded them as if they were little sticks of gold. I look at them now as wasted effort and wasted money. I gave away the $1600 rifle and still have one with a $400 barrel in the custody of a good friend. I don't miss the thing one bit...

I have 2 .22 rifles that define the absolute limits of what a .22 can do!
My first .22 and first rifle ever, a 1954 U.S. Olympic shooting team Winchester Mod 52, and a mid 90's Anchutz Mod 64! Both are capable of accuracy far far beyond what most believe a .22 can produce, and thus, worthy of keeping and using! The Funny thing, the Winchester can handle pretty much everything I feed it with out issues, and is match accurate with it all, Where as the Teutonic MasterPiece is super picky, only shooting Match Ammo accuratly, and hating the lesser grade stuff!

I have 2 .22 rifles that define the absolute limits of what a .22 can do! Both are capable of accuracy far far beyond what most believe a .22 can produce and thus, are worthy of keeping and using!
You did better than I did. My barrel was a Clark Custom; the receiver was a 7075-T6 billet of the Ruger 10/22 made by Tactical Innovations up in Bonners Ferry, Idaho; the bolt was a Volquartsen; the trigger group was a Kidd (or Kidde) and the stock was a Revival Industries lefthanded thumbhole in a beautiful charcoal & blue laminate. The completed rifle was truly gorgeous. Too bad it shot so badly it wasn't worth writin' home about it.

Last Edited:
I handled a friend's yesterday. If I was looking for a 22 rifle to carry all day I'd be purchasing one. It takes 10-22 magazines and is light as a feather. I never had the opportunity to try the trigger , it's listed as striker fired. He said it was as accurate as he could shoot it. It comes with and without a threaded barrel

I have a 10-22 with a 9 power scope. Have not shot it since I bought my Remington Speedmaster a Browning SA22 clone.

I wanted a Browning but was not going to pay $700 dollars for a .22 Found the Remington with a 9 power scope on it for less than $300.
Like I said when I shoot a 22 it is the Remington. Just like it better.

I'm wondering if the Turkish People can own them...
Turkey has 4 different licenses one must acquire in order to posses/carry a firearm.
1) pistol purchase permit: allows you to buy/own a single pistol (for more pistols more permits must be acquired)
2) pistol carry permit: think of this as your CHL, you MUST show a valid reason to get this one (think California gun laws)
3) rifle purchase permit: allows you to buy a rifle
3) rifle carry permit: this authorizes you to carry a rifle for hunting purposes
4) shotgun purchase/ carry: think of this as the "poor man's" hunting option. Each of the pervious options are about 2500-5500 euros, this one is a combined permit for shotgun is about 300 euros.

Any semi auto rifle is illegal, pistols are maximum capacity of 20 rounds, shotguns have no capacity limit, just no full auto. All shotguns must have a butt stock (sorry shockwave fans) minimum barrel length is 17 inches for shotguns.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top