Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Winchester wild cat

OP
F
Reactions
No, it shoots regular 22 rimfire ammo, read a. Couple of articles about it, has a four and a. half pound trigger pull out of the box, shoots groups under one and a half inches at 50 yds off of sandbags.Trying to save money to buy one.

Reactions
My Google-Fue says it's a new rifle with a catchy ( and confusing name) .22 LR rifle. nothing particularly special, ( kinda funky looking) and there is also Winchesters .22LR brand ammo too!
1571691034483.png
1571691051255.png

Reactions
Winchester wildcat rimfire rifle . . .
It's not a wildcat rifle as we think of wildcat cartridges. The name of the rifle is Wildcat. Seems the OP suffered a capitalization failure. Praise God no one was injured or killed...

OP
F
Reactions
My Google-Fue says it's a new rifle with a catchy ( and confusing name) .22 LR rifle. nothing particularly special, ( kinda funky looking) and there is also Winchesters .22LR brand ammo too!
View attachment 6254
View attachment 6255
Local sporting goods stores have not seen any yet, called winchester, they said that they will be in their warehouse by end of month. Retailers should begin to see them within a week after that. I have read three test reports and all have been positive, by just removing one pin the rifle breaks down so that you can clean it from breech to barrel, with open sights it has delivered groups around one and a quarter inches fired from a sandbag, trigger pull on test models is four and a half pounds, retail price is $229.00

Reactions
I don't shoot .22LR. The stuff is so miserably inaccurate, it's a waste of time. I shot a tournament in June 2010. It was fifty yards onto the NRA small-bore target (black circles about two or so inches in diameter). I was using a 40X scope on a $1600 rifle. I could see the bullets curve downward and to the left. I took third and never fired another .22LR for accuracy after that. I go out now with a .22 and just pop-off the rounds at nothing in particular. I scraped and scrounged for bricks and bricks of them during those few years when they were just not to be had. I hoarded them as if they were little sticks of gold. I look at them now as wasted effort and wasted money. I gave away the $1600 rifle and still have one with a $400 barrel in the custody of a good friend. I don't miss the thing one bit...

Reactions
I have 2 .22 rifles that define the absolute limits of what a .22 can do!
My first .22 and first rifle ever, a 1954 U.S. Olympic shooting team Winchester Mod 52, and a mid 90's Anchutz Mod 64! Both are capable of accuracy far far beyond what most believe a .22 can produce, and thus, worthy of keeping and using! The Funny thing, the Winchester can handle pretty much everything I feed it with out issues, and is match accurate with it all, Where as the Teutonic MasterPiece is super picky, only shooting Match Ammo accuratly, and hating the lesser grade stuff!

Reactions
I have 2 .22 rifles that define the absolute limits of what a .22 can do! Both are capable of accuracy far far beyond what most believe a .22 can produce and thus, are worthy of keeping and using!
You did better than I did. My barrel was a Clark Custom; the receiver was a 7075-T6 billet of the Ruger 10/22 made by Tactical Innovations up in Bonners Ferry, Idaho; the bolt was a Volquartsen; the trigger group was a Kidd (or Kidde) and the stock was a Revival Industries lefthanded thumbhole in a beautiful charcoal & blue laminate. The completed rifle was truly gorgeous. Too bad it shot so badly it wasn't worth writin' home about it.

Last edited:

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    2.00 star(s)
    I've purchased a total of 6 or 7 firearms from Murphy's, I think. In general, it's a normal gun shop. Some folks are nice, some ignore you, some...
    • mikemenzie
  • Arizona Firearms - Tempe
    5.00 star(s)
    I went there today to pick up a firearm and had a very good experience. I will shop there again.
    • MadDuner
    5.00 star(s)
    Every time I go in there I leave with what I needed and without feeling like my wallet was raped.
    • Mrjenkins
    5.00 star(s)
    Anyone in Phoenix area should check out Arizona Firearms on University and Priest. They have a big selection of firearms and have great prices.
    • JonathanB
  • Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    When I go in I usually will watch and listen to employees before I choose which one to talk to. The good employees are great to talk with. The...
    • Gunsandgars