JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Will a cleaning rod measuring 0.260 inches in diameter easily fit down a 6.5mm bore? I know there is a difference in how decimal and metric bores are measured, but cannot at this moment recall the particulars. Thanks for your help...

Might not work.
I knew it was going to be very close, like the surface of the rod just barely getting past the lands. I think we'd see the rod getting stuck in the bore once a patch is attached. Looks like I'll be giving away three nice Dewey rods when I give away my two mildcat rifles to a friend from high school. It's no fun anymore for me to go into the desert, set everything up and shoot beyond miserably. Then I get to take it all down, pack it back into my vehicle, carry it all upstairs, put it all back in place and clean the guns. I no longer have any desire to do it. I spent a fortune building those rifles, having the dies made, having a few special tools made, buying pounds and pounds and pounds of powders, several thousand bullets and multiple bricks of magnum primers. Like Pontius Pilate, I have washed my hands of these matters...

A .22 rod designed to clean the AR15 should work just fine. Find a larger bore brush.
The three rods in question went the way of the two rifles in October. I saw no reason to keep three rods that would work in .300" and .358" bores, so I gave them to my friend from high school. My next rifle will be a 6.5mm for which I'll buy a new set of rods...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top