JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Humm article seems to be bogus self-promoting local Gun store hyperbole as well as misinformation, quote:

A majority of the people who buy guns are doing so for self-defense, said Matt Seibert, president and co-owner of Insight Firearms Training Development. Depending on the study, [added - no study cited nor source] it's somewhere around 63 to 69 percent, Seibert said.

Additionally, women have been the fastest growing area of firearm sales in the nation for the last six to eight years, said Insight General Manager Ivy Jones. [added - no cite nor source]

[added - no cite nor source] There are some real issues in the country, and even Prescott, where people have a 1 in 247 chance of being a victim of a violent crime, and a 1 in 47 chance of being a victim in property crime, said Seibert.

A sense of vulnerability also comes with age, Seibert said. At his age, he is going to have a hard time even with a martial arts background if a young person walks up looking to harm him, he said. [added - to allow the perb to get close enough to cause physically harm is a gross lack of situational awareness and the environment around you. Even with a 'martial arts background']

[Added - the article does a complete 180 by stating] Self-defense is not the only reason people buy guns, Seibert said. They are definitely a part of sporting in terms of hunting or shooting, he said. There are 17 different events with firearms, and the U.S. has the most gold medals accumulatively in those events, he said. About 3 percent of guns are purchased for shooting sports and about 46 percent are for those who wish to hunt, Seibert said.
Grier noted some people enjoy collecting firearms.] unquote

Kudos to the Prescott Gun Stores to get a self-promoting sales pitch blurb in the local media, but by the same token, shame on them for promoting bogus and shock and awe stats to sell firearmes, they should know better but I guess the almighty $$$ and greed wins in end.

They didn't ask me. I buy guns because I like them. I have ever since I was about six years old, when my dad stood behind me (to absorb the recoil) and I fired-off my very first round from his Model 70 in .30-06. That would have been Fall of 1964, if I remember correctly. In Fall of 1967 I went hunting with my dad, and he allowed me to carry the same rifle. I was about nine, and I quickly discovered it was a lot heavier on my shoulder than it was on his. I think I carried it about 100 yards at the most; maybe only as far as about 50 yards. I started my own gun-owning history in April 1983 with the purchase of a used Colt SP-1, and I've been on an ascending vector ever since.

Owning firearms makes me feel very "American." So very few other nations on this planet allow such a thing, and even fewer allow the citizenry to own military-caliber weapons. God has truly blessed us by having fifty-six men meet in secret and declare us to be a nation. He blessed us again as The Framers met in a closed room in the sweltering summer heat and humidity of 1787, and stuck it out until they'd written a timeless document guaranteeing our Freedom. That document was so well-written that its Principles endure to this day, more than 200 years later. George Washington so wanted to be President that he wore his heavy woolen General's uniform for 62 consecutive days. It was yet another gift from God that Washington did become President because he defined the role and kept us from becoming a monarchy-- the same type of rule against which we had just fought and won a vicious war...

Last Edited:
Mine are for gun control. How many times I can hit the target. Done my share of collecting game and now shoot mostly paper. Father was an MP for a while and drilled into me the concept and responsibility of owning a firearm. "If your going to have one make damn sure you know how to use it," still rings in my ears occasionally.
Like someone said long before I found it. If guns cause crime mine must be broken.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top