JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I almost bought one of those. Then I saw the 75$ price tag in the shop, puckered right up and passed. I do like them though lol

Tell you what, that $75 Bigfoot belt will outlast and outwear three $35 belts . . .

I used to buy Carhartt belts exclusively. Pretty much one per year.

I'm going on four years with the Bigfoot and its still like new. It was a hard sell for me too. I bought my first one (black) used from a guy who lost weight. I paid full price for my second one (brown).

I won't need another belt in this lifetime I suspect.

Z

I have two Davis Leather belts that I love. Back when I bought them, I could easily find them at my favorite LE/Security supply store. I'd rather be able to try stuff on, before a purchase.

But, I moved to Vancouver, WA (right across the river from Portland, OR) in 2005. And, just a short drive away is Ted Blocker (in Tigard, OR). So, I dropped in one day, looking for a new shotgun belt for some SASS shooting. I was impressed and have been going back ever since. In fact, just this month, I placed an order for a new CCW belt.

BTW...….the size marked on your old belt may vary slightly, with a different manufacturer. So, it might be difficult when using the internet or mail ordering. Just like with women and their dress sizes (or so they claim). LOL.

Anyway, take a look here: Custom Gun Holsters at Ted Blocker Holsters - The Finest in Gun Leathers Since 1972

or here: Concealed Carry « Davis Leather Company

I have no financial interest in either party.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....sad news, Texas Shoemaker & Sons is no longer in business (since 2017). I loved their off duty paddle holsters. Anyway, I'll probably be trying Ted Blocker to see if he could make a copy of my old Texas Shoemaker holster. Having a local place is GOLD. Support your local businesses......IF, you can.

Last Edited:
I have used a Wrangler belt for over 10 years. Its a Ranger style with thinner billits at the buckel . the main body has a braided edge top and bottom to give it the stiffness it needs. I'm sure it cost over $50 back then, not sure what it will cost to replace it. I like it because it is nice enough to wear to dinner , but still be useful. DR

I have been making my own gun belts for a few years, Tandy Leather has a a few local stores here, so I get my belt supplies and custom make them as needed! What's really slick is you can make them any way you wish, and can also get the stainless inserts, and customize them how ever you need! I even did my main gunbelt with a Japanese Saw insert instead of the Stainless, and left the top open so I can pull the saw when needed! It's secured with a internal snap on both ends and is quite secure!

I make all my own belts, rigs and holsters at home....had to. No one made a good horse hide holster for my hipower commander length pistol. Hope to open up the virtual doors and build more cowboy rigs, slings, scabbards, belts even made a few handbag/ pistol bags...custom leather work is fun !!!! Need a rig ??? Belt combo???shoot me an email / pm.

Be safe. Be well..

I make all my own belts, rigs and holsters at home....had to. No one made a good horse hide holster for my hipower commander length pistol. Hope to open up the virtual doors and build more cowboy rigs, slings, scabbards, belts even made a few handbag/ pistol bags...custom leather work is fun !!!! Need a rig ??? Belt combo???shoot me an email / pm.

Be safe. Be well..
Did you go the Tippmann route?

Did you go the Tippmann route?
Nope. All hand punched. All saddle stiched. Old school.....plus ifvthe thread gets popped it wont come undone. Each stitch is locked in place....with sewing machine or running stitch the whole line of thread can get pulled out from project. For handbags and small i will be using my old foot powered Singer machine....but working gear, holsters sheaths pouches etc....hand done. Old world style!!

Looper Leather In Oklahoma City makes an outstanding leather gun belt. It's reinforced with a plastic that keeps it from sagging. I've worn them for 40 years. About $79 but they last for years.

Don't wear a gunbelt. I can't hit a boxcar from 50 feet with a handgun, so no need to have one. I'd use the money to buy a fairly cheap whiskey to which I'd add iced tea & lemonade to achieve a 5% ABV concentration. Dam-ned good! My thanks to the great Arnold Palmer...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top