Who Grew Up Owning Your Very Own Red Ryder BB Gun

Discussion in 'Air Rifle & Pistol Discussion' started by Dunerunner, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Dunerunner

Dunerunner
    Gone

I had one that I found out in the pump house of the home my parents leased in Washington State. Darned thing would shoot around corners....Really!!

It was very well weathered and had some rust that I cleaned up, but it shot and you could still read Red Ryder in the stock. :)

Joe Link likes this.
  2. KingKalifor

KingKalifor
    CA

At my Grandmas house in Walla Walla, she had a red Ryder she had for my dad and his brothers. I ended up using it whenever we visited, unfortunately my parents didn't want me to have it since they knew I'd shoot at the neighbor cat. haha

3. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Portland, OR
    Moderator Staff Member

Some of my best memories involve one of these. None of my GI Joes were safe! I used to hang grandpa's plastic Kodiak tins from trees with fishing line and shoot those. Usually it'd pierce one side but not the others, allowing me to 'collect' and re-use my BB's.

Also learned what happens when you piss off an fire ant hill by shooting down the hole :mad:

SKrueger and oknow like this.
  4. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w
    Oregon

i did. my buddies had crossmans theirs hurt more but i could lob more down range during the bb gun wars we used to have in the woods.

SKrueger and Joe Link like this.
  5. SKrueger

SKrueger
    SW Washington

Crossman 760! Man my friends used to run from me. I never kept to the two pump rule :D

v0lcom13sn0w and Joe Link like this.