JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As the title states, which is your favorite semi-auto shotgun?

I have both a Mossberg 930 SPX and a Benelli M4. I've owned them for years but actually haven't had the chance to shoot them both back-to-back to see how they compare. One of these days I'll make it happen :)

My Mossberg 930 DC. It fit me the best, swings well and balances nice. Works for me! And it knocked down some grouse in Idaho last Oct.
Need to add: Tried a Benelli SA, Montefeltro?, didn't work. Tried a Beretta A300, not bad at all, but something was lacking, couldn't put my finger on it. The 930 I tried in a store just worked. So ordered from Bud's at a great price. The 930 DC is all I'll need in a 12ga SA. Now there is that pestering feeling of a 28ga. Hmm. Does this ever stop!?

Last Edited:
They really are. It shot like a dream. They are definately worth the money, I might buy one.

A buddy of mine and I saw a black M4 at a gun show a couple weekends ago for $895. He (or I!) should have bought it then and there but we decided we'd come back around. Went back 20 minutes later and the guy had marked it up to $1100. My buddy asked him about it and he flat out lied. Still should have bought it but decided to pass due to the seller.

My buddy is a fan of the Benelli M2's. I've got mixed opinions. I had a Remington 1100 for a while but man was it heavy.

I've yet to shoot one but I've heard they're pretty nice, and a lot lighter than the M4.

I'm taking mine down to clean it this weekend, so I'm sure I'll see what you're talking about. Any tips?

Joe can explain it better than me. The rings hes talking about are the biggest pain for me to put back on. They need to freely spin, I kept taking the rings on and off until they fit right.

Haven't had much trouble putting the 930 back together after cleaning. Perhaps it was the sailor type language I spoke to it while re-assembly!
Now, as to that 28ga I've been looking at; dang, factory shells are EXPENSIVE! Probably back burner that for a bit. Man.

Haven't had much trouble putting the 930 back together after cleaning. Perhaps it was the sailor type language I spoke to it while re-assembly!
Now, as to that 28ga I've been looking at; dang, factory shells are EXPENSIVE! Probably back burner that for a bit. Man.

I'll have to try that trick!

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Prescott Valley, AZ
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top