JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As of right now I've been stuck to my CZ 75 compact w/ rail. Feels awesome in the hand and is more accurate than I am. The only downfall is finding a holster available for it, I know they're out there but I like to feel/try it before I start another holster box.

I bet @armoredman could recommend a holster :)

My "favorite"? That's asking me which of my children are my "favorite"...
Each pistol is what it is and serves a purpose- or did when I acquired it.
If push came to shove I THINK I would go with my Browning HiPower. It would be a hard choice between that and a nice 1911. Very hard choice indeed.

Yes, indeed, I was insanely lucky enough to win a holster from Australia, handmade with Kanga accents...but he didn't make a rig for anything I owed, so I got it for my friend instead. He swears it's so light and comfortable he barely knows it's there.

Hi-Power? Got a rig for my buddys P-35 some time ago....

<broken image removed>

Good solid sidearm.

That's a beautiful holster. I haven't had the chance to shoot a Hi Point yet but it's on the list.

Last Edited:
See, now I am the exact opposite - have fired HiPowers, but I have never laid finger to a HiPoint trigger. Not being a snob - I don't know anyone who owns one!

Alrighty then, I know I expressed MY opinion, being the Browning Grande Puissance 35; The Old Woman in my life requested that I mention her favorite (and only semi-auto, really) Which is my "Luger". A Mauser-built 1940 P-08. The She can operate the toggle with her arthritic fingers, says it points naturally and the safety is positive and "in the right place". The recoil is manageable for her as well.
Personally I like the Luger quite a bit myself but do NOT consider it a "Go to Hell" pistol by any means. All my life I desired a "Luger" with ivory grips as my "Ideal"... finally I got one to celebrate my 50th year on this wonderful planet, incidentally paying out the schnozz for it.. Near new, perfect condition P08 with #original wood grips AND elephant ivory, too! I never shoot it but have let the She fire it on occasion. Still, things being what they are, the She's "gun" is a Police Positive Special .38 that someone reblued years ago- it fits her hands, she can operate it correctly SA/DA, and she can reload it with or without speedloaders.
O deer, I mentioned a revolver and went off topic. My bad.

See, now I am the exact opposite - have fired HiPowers, but I have never laid finger to a HiPoint trigger. Not being a snob - I don't know anyone who owns one!

I lost a bet :p

29558-DEFAULT-l.jpg

My friends, being the fantastic people they are, also made me wear it to the last gun show in a drop leg holster.

Another of my favorites for concealed use is a Bulgarian Makarov. Put away some rounds for it including some hollowpoints. Shoots where I point it. Not a long range caliber, mid-way between the .380 and 9mmP. The She of the house can operate it. Good enuff for government work...

Another of my favorites for concealed use is a Bulgarian Makarov. Put away some rounds for it including some hollowpoints. Shoots where I point it. Not a long range caliber, mid-way between the .380 and 9mmP. The She of the house can operate it. Good enuff for government work...

That the she of the house can operate it is no small consideration I'm thinking.

I've wanted to get one of these for quite some time. What's the going rate for one these days?

Colt Delta Elite carry-comp built by the now defunct Custom Arms Co.

<broken image removed>

<broken image removed>

<broken image removed>

<broken image removed>

Last edited by a moderator:

New Resource Reviews

Back Top