JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Which is your favorite revolver?

Mine would have to be my Colt Anaconda which I inherited from my grandfather. As a child I remember going down my the lake with him just after he bought it. Him having never shot a .44 magnum before, I don't think he knew what he was doing. When he pulled the trigger he brought the gun up and over his head. Somehow it flew out of his hands and into the grill of his brand new Ford, leaving a nice crack. I'll never sell the guns I inherited, but if I had to this would be the last.

I like my 6" S&W 686+.
Did I shoot 5 or 6? (Does not matter.)

I tried to like the 629 that a friend brought to the range, but my aging hands did not.

Which frame is the 686 again? Is that the medium size?

BFR 45-70.
I waited 9 months for it the first year they were offered and have never been sorry. I modified the grips to fit my hands. Sent it back to the factory to have a rail and a Leupold EER 2x on it but about 4 years later moved to a Fastfire 2 when my eyes started to go wacko and actually like it better. Mostly shot 300 gr but acquired 500 slugs of 405 gr which unfortunately when loaded hot were a bit too much for my arthritic hands so added a MagnaPort, what a difference, now the 405gr feel like the 300 gr light loads. I self made a leather holster but was too short for the added magna port length so made a radical design steel, leather, and plastic one that clears instantly and works better than the leather one because I only have to pull it 3 inches to clear the holster instead of 13 inches with the traditional leather one.
IMGP0272.JPG IMGP0268.JPG IMGP0273.JPG
At least a thousand rounds and still looks and lockups like it was new. Plus, Still consistently ringing a ten inch gong @ 100 yards:):):):):)(rates five because its a five shot)

S&W 627PC ... 8 shot .357 magnum N Frame. This is not a concealed carry revolver, but is my favorite revolver. Full house .357 magnums are great in this revolver, easy shooting with the N-Frame, and 8 rounds of .357 magnum sure relax me when out in the wooded areas.

BFR 45-70.
I waited 9 months for it the first year they were offered and have never been sorry. I modified the grips to fit my hands. Sent it back to the factory to have a rail and a Leupold EER 2x on it but about 4 years later moved to a Fastfire 2 when my eyes started to go wacko and actually like it better. Mostly shot 300 gr but acquired 500 slugs of 405 gr which unfortunately when loaded hot were a bit too much for my arthritic hands so added a MagnaPort, what a difference, now the 405gr feel like the 300 gr light loads. I self made a leather holster but was too short for the added magna port length so made a radical design steel, leather, and plastic one that clears instantly and works better than the leather one because I only have to pull it 3 inches to clear the holster instead of 13 inches with the traditional leather one.
View attachment 345 View attachment 344 View attachment 346
At least a thousand rounds and still looks and lockups like it was new. Plus, Still consistently ringing a ten inch gong @ 100 yards:):):):):)(rates five because its a five shot)

Wow that's really cool. I love interesting guns.

The SW "L" in 4 or 6. Although the + is a righteous revolver, this 581 in nickel has become a fav at the range.

When I close my eyes and think of an S&W revolver, this is exactly what comes to mind. Beautiful gun there.

S&W 627PC ... 8 shot .357 magnum N Frame. This is not a concealed carry revolver, but is my favorite revolver. Full house .357 magnums are great in this revolver, easy shooting with the N-Frame, and 8 rounds of .357 magnum sure relax me when out in the wooded areas.

8 shots, wow. Is that the full size? Got any pics?

Wow that's really cool. I love interesting guns.

When I close my eyes and think of an S&W revolver, this is exactly what comes to mind. Beautiful gun there.

8 shots, wow. Is that the full size? Got any pics?

The S&W 627 is in the middle. The carbine is a Marlin 1894C also in .357 magnum. The Desert Eagle is also in .357 magnum (11 .357 magnums full house loads from a semiauto warms my heart, especially when they shoot like .38 Specials from an N-Frame), :)

_DSC5603357magnum_zps32f0e7d0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The S&W 627 is in the middle. The carbine is a Marlin 1894C also in .357 magnum. The Desert Eagle is also in .357 magnum (11 .357 magnums full house loads from a semiauto warms my heart, especially when they shoot like .38 Specials from an N-Frame), :)

View attachment 774

That's a cool group of guns!

Last Edited:
BFR 45-70.
View attachment 345 View attachment 344 View attachment 346

COOL!!! :D

_DSC5603357magnum_zps32f0e7d0.jpg
I admire your restraint to stick to one caliber

Last edited by a moderator:
Some nice revolvers here! It's a wonderful country that allows us to create and enjoy our own preferences. Great thread, too...
RE: the J-Frame Smith .357s, they DO exist and Ive seen one I almost bought in a LGS. Full-house .357s in the "J" might prove a bit much for me (kinda like the .45-70 revolvers in here)... I guess modern metallurgy allows for hotter cartridges in a revolver once relegated to .38 Spec... Kinda sorry I sold the Smith 66 I used to carry.
"Favorite" revolver might depend on the task at hand- in some cases my stainless 5.5" Redhawk .44 makes for a useful carry. In other cases an N Frame .357 with fullhouse loads works. Other times my Python is just fine (I originally bought it new as a carry/duty weapon just prior to 9mm autos becoming all the rage) altho the Python is more a museum piece now, kinda like my Luger. If it came to carrying a .357 duty weapon it would be the N frame most likely.
Another revolver I really enjoy is a .44 single action, 5.5" barrel. Fairly light, very "pointy", fits a western rig, useful for anything from serpents to bear. Not as "good" over-all as the Ruger Redhawk but a lot "handier"and I like the feel of the western-style set-up altogether.
That all said, my favorite carry isnt a revolver unless we're talkin bear or snake country.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top