JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some nice revolvers here! It's a wonderful country that allows us to create and enjoy our own preferences. Great thread, too...
RE: the J-Frame Smith .357s, they DO exist and Ive seen one I almost bought in a LGS. Full-house .357s in the "J" might prove a bit much for me (kinda like the .45-70 revolvers in here)... I guess modern metallurgy allows for hotter cartridges in a revolver once relegated to .38 Spec... Kinda sorry I sold the Smith 66 I used to carry.
"Favorite" revolver might depend on the task at hand- in some cases my stainless 5.5" Redhawk .44 makes for a useful carry. In other cases an N Frame .357 with fullhouse loads works. Other times my Python is just fine (I originally bought it new as a carry/duty weapon just prior to 9mm autos becoming all the rage) altho the Python is more a museum piece now, kinda like my Luger. If it came to carrying a .357 duty weapon it would be the N frame most likely.
Another revolver I really enjoy is a .44 single action, 5.5" barrel. Fairly light, very "pointy", fits a western rig, useful for anything from serpents to bear. Not as "good" over-all as the Ruger Redhawk but a lot "handier"and I like the feel of the western-style set-up altogether.
That all said, my favorite carry isnt a revolver unless we're talkin bear or snake country.

Sounds like you have a lot of nice pieces. We need to see some photos!

Favorite revolver? Any S&W not in a J frame hands are to big to shoot them. Partial to my Scandium framed revolvers got two 315 NG's and a 327 NG. For target shooting my R-8 or 627 prelock V-comp.

Favorite revolver? Any S&W not in a J frame hands are to big to shoot them. Partial to my Scandium framed revolvers got two 315 NG's and a 327 NG. For target shooting my R-8 or 627 prelock V-comp.

Those Night Guards are some of my favorites.

model28.jpg KingCobrarightside.jpg
Model 28 and the King Cobra are my favorites.

Which is your favorite revolver?

Mine would have to be my Colt Anaconda which I inherited from my grandfather. As a child I remember going down my the lake with him just after he bought it. Him having never shot a .44 magnum before, I don't think he knew what he was doing. When he pulled the trigger he brought the gun up and over his head. Somehow it flew out of his hands and into the grill of his brand new Ford, leaving a nice crack. I'll never sell the guns I inherited, but if I had to this would be the last.

I'm another that likes family guns! I have a Single Six from 1961 that belonged to my moms cowboy uncle. It was pretty rusty when I got it so it has been refinished.
He worked on the same ranch from 1912 till 1969 when he retired.
I also have his brothers Colt SAA from 1909. its a 38-40. Its pretty beat from being used constantly outdoors but it still shoots! DR

I'm another that likes family guns! I have a Single Six from 1961 that belonged to my moms cowboy uncle. It was pretty rusty when I got it so it has been refinished.
He worked on the same ranch from 1912 till 1969 when he retired.
I also have his brothers Colt SAA from 1909. its a 38-40. Its pretty beat from being used constantly outdoors but it still shoots! DR

That sounds awesome. Any photos?

That sounds awesome. Any photos?
I'm going to have to figure out how to move them off of Photobucket and on to another photo sharing site, or take new ones!

At least the Ruger I have here. The colts, and any guns that held over 10 rounds I had moved out of CA when it looked like mere possession would become a felony. At the last min that law was beaten in court. [ previous to that you couldn't buy mags over 10 rounds, or bring them into ca. But I could keep those I already owned.]
So I put a safe at an out of state friends house. DR

I'm going to have to figure out how to move them off of Photobucket and on to another photo sharing site, or take new ones!

At least the Ruger I have here. The colts, and any guns that held over 10 rounds I had moved out of CA when it looked like mere possession would become a felony. At the last min that law was beaten in court. [ previous to that you couldn't buy mags over 10 rounds, or bring them into ca. But I could keep those I already owned.]
So I put a safe at an out of state friends house. DR

You can actually upload them directly here, just click the Upload Photo button below the reply box :)

Looks like I am going to resurrect an old thread. It is a toss up between my Dan Wesson .44 Magnum (I have the 4" and 10" barrels for it) and my Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull. I have some really cool speed loaders for my Raging Bull (see pic below).

Last Edited:
A S&W Custom Master Defender in .357 Magnum. I think it's a Model 686 (689?) or something like that. It was given to a man who served 33 years as an undercover DEA agent. Told me he got into eight firefights with drug dealers and killed most of them at just beyond an arm's length. It's very deeply blued, and totally engraved all over it in some really fancy engraving. Wish I still had it so I could post-up a picture of it. Remanded it to the custody of another over a year ago; maybe almost two years ago. The DEA agent was a WW II veteran, and a Korea veteran. He was killed crossing an east-to-west street one morning at around 0800. The sun was in the eyes of the young woman who hit him; she never saw him. He suffered awhile, but died in the ambulance on the way to Reno. It was quite a shock to me because he and I went shooting just the day before. I was able to take possession of his WW II Veteran hat and his walking stick. He was the kind of man who built America after WW II into what it is today. Such a sad ending for a brave man...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top