JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Remington 870 that was my uncles before mine. Shot my first coyote with it when I was about 10. Still have it and still use it for everything. That being said, i've nearly bought a Winchester SXP several times now.

Once I pretty much got away from big game hunting, I started buying shotguns. I only have four, three pumps and one SA. My pumps are: 1975 870 Wingmaster 20ga that has two barrels, one fixed I/C @26", the other fixed Mod @ 28". This is my #1 shotgun. Other two pumps are Mossberg 500's, one in 12ga, the other in 20ga. Both field guns. They're too new to have a track record yet, but, show promise at the trap range. They'll get ironed out next upland season. Ca. and Idaho.

Mossberg 535 ATS. over 20k rounds and never had a problem. pretty much the same shotgun as a 500 except not all parts interchange and also, it accepts 3.5" magnums.

yeah man. tell it to my shoulder. ha ha

Had the chance to shoot a pachmayr-gripped Remington 870 SBS this past weekend. Only shot a few rounds of birdshot and a couple slugs but my hand was sore until Wednesday.

In a Ferd vs Chebby debate, I'll go AMC...the Wincherster 1200 :s0069:

IMG_6876.jpg

Many years ago, our friends used to make-fun of the 1200, saying it was a "junk gun". However, it excelled at upland birds, rabbit, and the occasional varmint. It was not very effective against larger game, however.

The NIB one is a queen and will remain stashed. The other will likely gather dust, but not for dislike. The cartridge is getting difficult to find, and there are a few 12g's that fill that role.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top