JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Curious to hear which guns people carry regularly.

I've recently found myself leaving my 1911's in the safe in favor of my Glock 19 (crazy, right??). Generally prefer a OWB slide holster. For warm weather when others are difficult to conceal it's usually a Kahr PM9 or Ruger LCP IWB.

I always have a S&W 340 in my pocket where legal. Five shots .38 +P is not much and a J Frame S&W is not an easy reload for me (disabled veteran). My solution is a NY reload if I go when I think a reload might be a good idea (night, downtown-old town). This is a S&W 3913 9mm in an ankle holster. If I go up into the foothills, I carry a S&W 329PD Heavy Buffalo Bore .44 Special loads.

Last Edited:
I always have a S&W 340 in my pocket where legal. Five shots .38 +P is not much and a J Frame S&W is not an easy reload for me (disabled veteran). My solution is a NY reload if I go when I think a reload might be a good idea (night, downtown-old town). This is a S&W 3913 9mm in an ankle holster. If I go up into the foothills, I carry a S&W 320PD Heavy Buffalo Bore .44 Special loads.

Those 340's are really nice. I just picked up my first J Frame after all these years of shooting, a 342LS. Got a chance to take it out this weekend and I'm impressed. I have a few small autos but I like the fact that there's nothing to snag and that the gun can be fired from your pocket if need be.

I enjoy carrying my glock 19 but wind up throwing my lcp in my pocket most the time. Doesn't matter what i'm wearing, I can still comfortably carry the Ruger. **I now carry the "custom LCP" but think i'll be going back to the regular one with standard sights. The improved sights like to snag.

I enjoy carrying my glock 19 but wind up throwing my lcp in my pocket most the time. Doesn't matter what i'm wearing, I can still comfortably carry the Ruger. **I now carry the "custom LCP" but think i'll be going back to the regular one with standard sights. The improved sights like to snag.

That's the important thing I tell people; buy the gun you'll actually carry. If it's too much trouble to rig up a larger gun when you run to the store then it's better you get something more convenient :)

Use to be 357 sp101 30+ years. tried the1911 but didn't like pulling my pants up all the time. G26 now with a keltec 32 in my pocket for when the belt carry is inappropriate.
25-5 45 colt or 22, 9 shot when in the woods.

Use to be 357 sp101 30+ years. tried the1911 but didn't like pulling my pants up all the time. G26 now with a keltec 32 in my pocket for when the belt carry is inappropriate.
25-5 45 colt or 22, 9 shot when in the woods.

I've never owned a G26 but I'm thinking of buying one since I like the G19 so well. I shot a friend's this weekend and it felt great with the pinky extension.

I was told the G26 (gen4) points and shoots as well as the G17 with a longer sight radius. Doubtful,
not a Glock fan, and having none other to compare with, I bought it anyway from a member @ NFWA who had excellently, applied textured grip material to it. IMGP0265.JPG
Hopeful the extra rounds of the double stack and lighter weight would overcome any short comings, I found none except maybe the trigger guard could of been slightly larger. I have large hands so it fills them well for a good grip and without wiggling to find the comfort zone. The simple stock sights are as good as it gets for my particular poor vision, instantly comes into view. IMGP0264.JPG
All in all, I was impressed, and consistently hit what I aim at 25 yards away. It is a keeper for me.
Who da thought?
The self made holster has been serving me well except for a little leather squeak which I need to address.
IMGP0183.JPG

G19 and S&W 649. Recently started carrying the S&W in a Galco ankle glove, tried the clip draw and I see it only being used with sweats around the house

I was told the G26 (gen4) points and shoots as well as the G17 with a longer sight radius. Doubtful,
not a Glock fan, and having none other to compare with, I bought it anyway from a member @ NFWA who had excellently, applied textured grip material to it. View attachment 297
Hopeful the extra rounds of the double stack and lighter weight would overcome any short comings, I found none except maybe the trigger guard could of been slightly larger. I have large hands so it fills them well for a good grip and without wiggling to find the comfort zone. The simple stock sights are as good as it gets for my particular poor vision, instantly comes into view.View attachment 296
All in all, I was impressed, and consistently hit what I aim at 25 yards away. It is a keeper for me.
Who da thought?
The self made holster has been serving me well except for a little leather squeak which I need to address.
View attachment 298

Good to hear it's working for you. That's a good looking holster you made.

G19 and S&W 649. Recently started carrying the S&W in a Galco ankle glove, tried the clip draw and I see it only being used with sweats around the house

Do you carry the 649 as a backup to the G19 or is it one or the other?

649 is a backup yes. I see it in use for grappling since I wont have a slide issue with the revolver when I push the gun into the assailant.

That's one of the nice things about the covered hammer. I wish my 642 had that so I had the single-action option. The double-action trigger is HEAVY.

That's why I wanted a covered hammer, although I wont be using single action in a defense scenario, I like the options. My biggest beef is the weight, the gun can slap my leg when I walk cause of the steel construction haha.

That's why I wanted a covered hammer, although I wont be using single action in a defense scenario, I like the options. My biggest beef is the weight, the gun can slap my leg when I walk cause of the steel construction haha.

Yeah I imagine that'd get heavy. At least you can use it was a weapon if you run out of ammo! The airweights like mine aren't nearly as much fun to shoot. I ordered 400 rounds of 38 special last week before shooting mine for the first time this past weekend. I figure it'll probably take me five years to go through that ammo :D

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top