JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've carried a Ruger LC9 in a Dillon belt slide a lot. Don't even know its there. The first model with the long double action pull and a hammer. Like it. Lot of people complained about the double action pull, but I guess I've shot enough double action pistols that it doesn't bother me at all. Lately I've started carrying the CZ75b compact PCR. 15 + 1. Noticed the extra weight of 8 more rounds and a little heavier frame--until I bought a nice heavy belt just for carry. What a difference a quality belt makes. Now I don't even know its there.

Yes, I do. Added a few more to the rotation. King Cobra and Kimber 9mm in Black English scroll.

4E0157A2-BA67-460E-9993-59F7AD9AD939.jpeg 0D6A43CE-8A5B-4C2E-85C5-F66B1E130B60.jpeg B16ADFBB-A724-4957-AE34-EA64F6B13C1E.jpeg F2BEEACA-79C3-4C26-AF7E-D78421CA7543.jpeg

Got to love model 19's have three of them, 2 1/2, 4 inch and 6 inch
I have two, a 19 and a 66. Both four inch. Just recently acquired a 686 four inch. A little heavier, but a lot stouter. If you shoot quality .357 hot loads, the L frame is best. But if your only concern is self defense, the 19 is light and superior.

Carried a 4 inch 19 for years before department went to Glock 22,s. have a real soft spot for them still. still have old Glock 22 that I got when I retired.

Carried a 4 inch 19 for years before department went to Glock 22,s. have a real soft spot for them still. still have old Glock 22 that I got when I retired.
Our department allowed personal weapons for many years. Springfield .45 was my baby. Still have it, but have migrated to the .40 S&W pocket rocket for ease and convenience of concealed carry.

I am currently carrying a Glock 43x MOS with Holoson 507k, I also carry a Glock 19 Gen5 with Surefire X300 Ultra with a Trijicon RMR when I have to travel out of town or venture out into the woods.

I also regularly carry a CZ Scorpion with some upgrades as my EDC truck gun as it is easy to carry in a back pack and not draw much attention.

I have carried a tt-33 Tokarev for 20+yrs. IWB galco leather. Have never had to pull it on a person. Just to clear a house when something was amiss. I carry a ruger super blackhawk 44m in the woods for critters and any other danger in a galco leather holster as well. Never forced to pull it.

At work (or when expecting trouble) this Glock 23 with a .357 Sig KKM barrel (and no suppressor for normal work) and for back-up a Glock 43X. Work also allows a 5.56 rifle, Pistol Caliber Carbine (9mm MP-5), or a .12 Ga. Not working, often a revolver with a snake load upfront in .357, .44, or .45. and always have a long gun close. Depending on what I am doing and too many carry options that I rotate in and out of the safe. In Alaska, I have a 3in model 629 .44 Mag and a Glock Model .30 SF with a 10mm Bar-Sto barrel I carry with normally a Wild West Co-Pilot .457 WW or AR-10 close by.

Glock 23 atachments.jpg Arch's  MP5A3.jpg 43X.jpg Arch's Jan 2010 057 (2).jpg

I don't advertise what I carry even though I live in Texas. Over zealous politicians Prosecutors/Tort lawyers, even cops will do their best to question the motives and actions of anyone involved in a self defense shooting.
It is a shame it has come to that, but it has come to that. And "if" or "what" I might be carrying becomes a factor in an after action report, I'm the victim here, not the armed to the teeth predator. Same reason you don't flash your gun at a service station at 10:00 pm.

I carry a Glock 23 with a fatclip , so I don't use a traditional holster. I even manage to wear it on my 150-200 miles I ride weekly on my road bike. Would really like a Glock 26 though , in the market for one now.

Curious to hear which guns people carry regularly.

I've recently found myself leaving my 1911's in the safe in favor of my Glock 19 (crazy, right??). Generally prefer a OWB slide holster. For warm weather when others are difficult to conceal it's usually a Kahr PM9 or Ruger LCP IWB.
Kimber Raptor 9mm shoulder, either Walther PPK 380 IWB, or Berretta Tomcat 32 Pocket for back up.
Berretta M9A1 with crimson trace laser/flash light bedside, Stoeger M3000 Liberty 12Ga under bed…

63C72E31-C118-49A7-8601-DD9E2434CA1E.jpeg 3602BD8D-AD13-41BF-9649-E5EB6058A8E5.jpeg 91110181-7793-4CC6-A6BF-818FD55FED5F.jpeg

I have carried a tt-33 Tokarev for 20+yrs. IWB galco leather. Have never had to pull it on a person. Just to clear a house when something was amiss. I carry a ruger super blackhawk 44m in the woods for critters and any other danger in a galco leather holster as well. Never forced to pull it.
Dittos on the Tok.... they are (one) of my favorite pistols and have gotten fairly proficient with mine. They are no quirkier than the justly famed and beloved 1911 pistols.
I know they are obsolescent, but they work even under terrible conditions if need be, and are light, flat, and carry easier than some... Actually prefer the Yugo version, which has a longer grip and holds more rounds as a result. It's a "throw in the trunk and forget about it". Even made my own holster for it, just cuz..
My "regular" carry has evolved into the Glock 21 over the last few years. I got a deal on a used one that I couldnt refuse and it has grown on me.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top