JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DSC06046.jpg
I carry the top pistol
It was my dad's Colt Series '70 in .45acp ( made in 1972 )
It was the first handgun I ever shot...we put a lot rounds through it and its going strong.
Andy

With that guy you just never know!!! :s0113:
I really dig the set up he has in his Car's trunk, really well thought out and slicker then snot!
Gotta figure out something like that for the little rocket now that it's high summer time and we drive it a lot! :)
Problem is, it's so dang small, there isn't much room to stash much of anything! A good messenger bag type setup with a SBR or my 1895 Broken down along with the 1897 trench, a pretty potent combo, and if I get down to Cali, no issues there with "The List" :confused:

S&W shield fits my pocket. .40 calb. 8 rounds ought to do it. Light, concealable and easily deployed. Right now they are fairly cheap. Shoot mine fairly often and given time, can keep it all in the ten ring at 25 yards. What more would I need. Customised with Apex trigger and Heinie night sights. Also makes a passable headboard home defense.
When go to mountains, I prefer my S&W 686 four inch revolver with heavy loads. Ya just never know in the woods.
Yup, 8 rounds works for me ... a S&W 627PC for all occasions I it holds 8 - Buffalo Bore HEAVY 357 MAG - 180 gr. JHP (1,500fps/M.E. 899 ft. lbs.) ....

Last Edited:
Yup, 8 rounds works for me ... a S&W 627PC for all occasions I h=find it had to beat 8 - Buffalo Bore HEAVY 357 MAG - 180 gr. JHP (1,500fps/M.E. 899 ft. lbs.) ....
Yup, 8 rounds works for me ... a S&W 627PC for all occasions I h=find it had to beat 8 - Buffalo Bore HEAVY 357 MAG - 180 gr. JHP (1,500fps/M.E. 899 ft. lbs.) ....
Dang, that could easily be considered a BIG FOOT LOAD.

I've also been known to carry this kit... like at the last 2A rally at the State Capitol... when Antifa was rumored to show up (they never did) :rolleyes:
1FE88DDB-ED22-4599-8B31-7B59C902BF85.jpeg

And if things keep going like they are, I may be carrying one of these (legally) pistols around before too long.... ;) 61432B92-FF61-4C47-83D1-54C2490188D4.jpeg

Last Edited:
Glock 27...22. I find myself most likely will use and practice with a 19 Gen 5 with a Dot sight. When proficiency, comfort, and my mind set is ready, it will be my primary carry. Like my others, it is likely to have a 3# trigger and perhaps a Lone Wolf barrel added. None are exotic, but reliable without failure, and will do what is intended.

Glock 19 or 26 depending on if I am wearing Jeans or slacks with a jacket. 17 round mag in either one. G19 is good out to 30 or 40 feet... 26 if I expect to be in a confined area or crowd of people. (close up work - point and shoot from draw, YMMV).
Nothing loaded but Federal Hydrashok .355 pushed by Bullseye and CCI Primers. Everybody reading this forum needs to consider "realistically" how far away your attacker/target is likely to be... Forget how you do at 50 feet or 30 feet or even 20 feet. Any amped up fool, even if he's crippled, can cover that distance before you can draw. Be prepared to wrestle for your weapon... you going to control the muzzle or is he?
It is highly likely you may get off a single shot before he slams into you. The real question is; can you get off any followup if he is still on you?

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top