JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
at this moment, its a Sig m11-a1. well, it will be come Tuesday when the comp-tac shell gets here. If its to big and or heavy, it may get replaced with a Shield or something.

Every day? Ruger LCP with a Crimson Trace laser, in a Alabama Holster Company Kydex
pocket holster, right front pants pocket. It's there from when I pull my pants on in the
morning until I go to bed at night, 7 days a week.

A Ruger LCP w/ LazerMax, IWB in the summer and a Sig P250 compact in .45ACP or a Colt Officers Model also .45 in the other seasons. Both big bores are carried on the belt in Galco Leather products.

Dan Wesson CBOB. Never leave home without it. I use a Galco Summer Comfort (IWB) unless I'm heading out to the woods, then a High Noon belt slider (OWB) with a thumb break.

Walter PPS Crossbreed IWB or SA XDS 40
Visiting from NWfirearms to check out new forum format they we are likely migrating to....

Most of the time I'm carrying my Glock 19, but I sometimes mix it up with a Beretta Bobcat or my SA 1911. Just depends what I'm wearing....

I find peoples arguments against Glocks to be emotional ones in general. I'm sure for some they truly aren't comfortable or don't point well, but anyone who calls them junk is full of it in my opinion.

And yes, welcome to the site! Hopefully you post and intro and stick around! Let me know if you have any feedback for me :)
As a child I used to live on the TexMex border and grew-up among men that, in those days made a small living smugeling booze, cigs, PPL, saddles, horses, goats, chickens and drugs. 50 years ago there was not enough money in the trade to justify shooting at lawmen who could and did shoot back (early and often), none of which stopped an endless discussion of firearms, cars, women and fishing tackle (all of which seemed to be related in some strange way)
But I digress.
In my life of admititly limited scope I have had the oppertunity to pack a number of handguns, always looking for one that was the best ergonomic fit to my body type. I carried wheelguns ove various sizes and makes as well as auto pistols all in the attempt to find a handgun or a fancy grip to said Heater that would make the darn thing shoot to where I was looking. The vast majority of handguns designed have bores that are inches above the axis of the shooter's arm. The Luger did a very good job of reducing this offset, but due to the expense of production it died an ignoble death.
Blowback handguns tended to keep the bore's axis low due to the lack of a locking mech. but were limited in defensive power by their very design.
Glock broke through all that by the very inventive and Groundbreaking use of injection molded plastics (remember we are talking about the 1980's).
Low bore axis, extreme reliability, ergonomics that were never offered before, large "Normal Mag Capicity"
Yeah, after a youth where the 1911 and the Colt SAA were the Go To Ghats, all the 'Win" pointed to Glock.
Back in those days there was only one Glock, the 17.
OTYs one looks for unobtrusive carry, the smaller the better and this is where Glock withers.

I usually carry an XDm 3.8 in 9mm in a crossbreed. When I'm on one of my Harleys its a 442 in a pocket holster. In winter I break out the Kimber in an El Paso Saddlery shoulder holster. Any way you look at, I am always carrying.

Currently (Winter) a Walther PPQ-M1 9mm in a Cook trigger guard holster AIWB (Similar to a Raven VG2) and in Summer a Walther PPS 9 in a similar holster. for most training I have a Dale Fricke AA so that I can easily and safely re-holster.

I usually carry a Sig P938 in a pocket holster or OWB holster, S&W 386 IWB or OWB and occasionally I carry a glock 35 OWB. I also generally carry 2 extra magazines for the P938, 2 speed loaders for the 386 and 1 extra mag for the Glock.

Depends when and where Im going.. Around town generally a S&W model 36, which fits nicely in a jean pocket. Sometimes, a 9mm Ruger P95 in a fanny pack. I prefer not to carry "open" because it might make me a target for someone wanting to rip off a gun from "the old guy" This was tried on me once.
Sometimes I may carry an older S&W pre-model 10 when they were called the Smith M&P. Ive got a vintage shoulder-carry rig for that.
Sometimes a Colt Combat Commander down the back of my pants.
Most generally tho if Im carrying around town it's a concealed .38 Smith...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top