JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good to learn a bit about a couple guns I'm unfamiliar with :)

That Colt replica just looks awesome. What caliber is it?

1860's were .44 caliber. But, it's really about .454, so you can get conversion cylinders in .45 colt. Never bothered though, if I want to fire cartridges, I just use a cartridge revolver.

Still stuck on my Glock 19 with an IWB holster. The wife carries her XDM.

This is the debate I'm having with myself right now. I have an XDm .45 and carry a 1911, but the gun I carried the longest and really loved was a G19. An XDm in 9mm, a G19, and a G26 are on my short list.

This is the debate I'm having with myself right now. I have an XDm .45 and carry a 1911, but the gun I carried the longest and really loved was a G19. An XDm in 9mm, a G19, and a G26 are on my short list.

The wife has a 4.5 inch XDm. She loves it, but we are saving for the 3.8 inch XDm. That shorter grip will make it easier to carry in an IWB hoster.

Yeah I have the 3.8 XDm. I shot it this weekend for the first time and I'm really liking it.

Y'all don't laugh now but when I am in town (small town) I just take my little Kel Tek PF9 with me. When I head out of town I grab either the Colt Commander or the Kahr P45. Love that .45 ACP .... :) This is my 'slightly overdressed' PF9 ......

That looks like a fine carry piece Randy. I've thought about picking one up myself!

Yep, everything I wanted was illegal in the configuration that I had planned, "not on the list", or some other ridicules thing. I don't think I bought a single firearm during the decade that I lived there. I still miss the people and the weather. The politics, not so much.

Oh yeah, also, generally something small and 9mm. And not $1200, because I will find a way to bang or scratch it up somehow. Right now that's usually a Taurus PT111. It makes a good "buffet gun" too. :D If I need serious concealability or a BUG, a KelTek P3AT w/ CT laser or an NAA Mini in 22WMR with rosewood grips - tiny, pretty and deadly, just like a certain girl I once new in San Diego... Ah, good times, good times.

Surprisingly well for such a tiny gun. I can hit a 6" target from 7 yards. Mine came with cylinders for .22LR and .22WMR. The gun will flip up in my hand each time I fire it with .22WMR, but it's a single action, so I just reposition it while I'm cocking. The first couple of times it feels like it's going to jump out of your hand, but it won't. They're actually a lot of fun to shoot once you learn to grip them properly.

ETA: Looks like I was replying to page 2 when I posted above. Sorry for any confusion.

Aren't they only like $160ish? I should pick one up next time I'm feeling bored :)

I got access to one of the NAA mini's in .22LR. Great little gun, but unshootable with standard grips. Nothing to hold. With boot grips it is wonderful. It conceals great, and fits ANYWHERE. Unfortunately I am still a few months away from CCW age, but after that it would be a great backup or deep cover gun.

Oh, since I last posted CA got rid of open carry, even unloaded long gun carry. So the adorable little NAA will be, at most, a house carry gun until I am eligible for CCW. With a Remora "sticky" holster it is the only gun I can safely carry when I am walking around in my underwear. There is something to be said for that. Not sure what, but something.

Depends... I was carrying my Kahr K9 (bought from Bloomberg) until the front sight broke off, since then I've been carrying an LCR in a (cargo) pocket holster for summer. I might change to a Glock 23 with a 9mm barrel this fall if I haven't had the sights on the Kahr replaced by then.

Started out in Arizona. Carried this one all over SW Arizona.
m60.jpg
$123.00 new at Jensen's in Tucson back in the day.
These days its likely one of the following:
442.jpg
or..
12-3.jpg

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top