JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow is right..CFletch..come on over to Utah. It seems that every other time I'm in my LGS there are some people from California in there as well and they are saying how crazy it has become for firearm( Handgun mainly?) purchases in California. One man was in shock because there were stacks up the wall of Glocks, M&Ps, Sigs, etc. It has to be very frustrating being a firearm owner in Cali, well..I would presume it to be.

Yes, I love my Glock 26 and trust it with my life..I know many don't feel the same but it works for me.

BTW, hello all. This is one shiny new site!

I find peoples arguments against Glocks to be emotional ones in general. I'm sure for some they truly aren't comfortable or don't point well, but anyone who calls them junk is full of it in my opinion.

And yes, welcome to the site! Hopefully you post and intro and stick around! Let me know if you have any feedback for me :)

Quietsage, it is hard. I went through the frustration to legally get an AR-15 (with "bullet button" pseudo-fixed magazine setup to keep it legal) and a Beretta 90-TWO (an off-roster handgun). And don't even get me started on the 10-round magazines (at double the cost of the regular ones :mad: ) . I wish I could go over to free America, but until I'm done with college I'm stuck here.

But after that, I'm outta here... think there's room for another gun shop in your neck of the woods? :D

This will really burn ya CFletch..but..you can buy an AR-15 and a Glock at the local Ace hardware here.

I had both a Kahr CW9 and PM9 and carried either of those for awhile(IWB). Great handguns and reliable but sold one and traded the other for a Ruger Alaskan (not an even trade for that Alaskan btw).

The Glock 26 works good for me for another reason as well, its big brother the Glock 19 resides in my truck (the truck gun) along with a few G17 mags. I find it a great system. They are thick though with that double stack mag, can't deny that.

Every so often, I think about stepping into the 1911 platform for carry but still on the fence. Before I go down that road, that really expensive road...I want to procure a S&W 629.

Glocks are kind of like Italian sports cars. Some people don't drive them well, some don't like the looks, some bump their head on the low ceilings, and everyone seems to either love them or hate them. But calling them junk (especially without trying first) is just foolish.

This will really burn ya CFletch..but..you can buy an AR-15 and a Glock at the local Ace hardware here.

I had both a Kahr CW9 and PM9 and carried either of those for awhile(IWB). Great handguns and reliable but sold one and traded the other for a Ruger Alaskan (not an even trade for that Alaskan btw).

The Glock 26 works good for me for another reason as well, its big brother the Glock 19 resides in my truck (the truck gun) along with a few G17 mags. I find it a great system. They are thick though with that double stack mag, can't deny that.

Every so often, I think about stepping into the 1911 platform for carry but still on the fence. Before I go down that road, that really expensive road...I want to procure a S&W 629.

I agree that the Kahr line is great, but for some reason they just don't invoke whatever it is that makes people hold onto a gun for a long period of time. The 1911 platform is a slippery slope. I'm fortunate in that I've only had two. My first one was a Springfield Loaded with Crimson Trace grips. I sold that to fund my second, which I still have and carry, a Dan Wesson CCO. I doubt I'll ever sell that gun because of how hard I had to work to get the funds to purchase it, and how well it shoots.

Well, this is the one I carry most.
AMTBackup-1.jpg
But when I'm feeling a bit whimsical.
HANDGUNS12-31-07-0006-1.jpg

For civilized areas CCW, wife and I both have the all steel DA Model 85 Bersa's in .380, 13 in mag and 1 in the snout. When out on the ATVs in remote areas, she will carry her Taurus Judge, I carry old Remington Rand 1911A1 .45 acp.

Gotta love AZ, if one can legally own a firearm, they can CCW with no permit required. No permit CCW in VT, AK, WY and AZ, hopefully they will set a trend for other states to follow.

Well, this is the one I carry most.
AMTBackup-1.jpg
But when I'm feeling a bit whimsical.
HANDGUNS12-31-07-0006-1.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen either of those. Very cool. I assume if you carry it those AMT Backups are reliable? How do they shoot?

I don't think I've ever seen either of those. Very cool. I assume if you carry it those AMT Backups are reliable? How do they shoot?

There were two compliants that arose regarding the DAO Backups. First the trigger pull was very hard. Well some were, some weren't. I got lucky and mine had only a hard instead of very hard trigger pull. A quick trip to my smith (sadly deceased) took care of that. He stoned the contact surfaces and adjusted some springs (he picked up a set from AMT and gave me back the originals).

The other was accuracy. But that was because folks were trying to shoot tight groups at 25 yds (seemed to be the standard back then regardless of the type of handgun involved). Well, isn't a 25 yd gun (although with practice it's easy to keep them on a torso at that range) and with nothing but a trough for a sight, you aren't going to shoot tight groups. At one point, I made up a rig that allowed me to stick it in a big old bench vise (it was either pre Ransom Rest days or I had never heard of one at that time). Locked down, it was surprised that at 7 yds, it was almost one ragged hole. So, I think the "mechanical" accuracy is there, but since it's small, short barreled, and with lousy sights, folks who only shot with sights had problems. I learned "instinctive" shooting in the military, and it works well with this pistol. Oh, and the second is a short barreled Colt 1860 Army replica. I usually carry it when I'm feeling whimsical or nostalgic (I was born in the wrong century:)). It has started more than a few conversations at the gun shops I frequent.

Good to learn a bit about a couple guns I'm unfamiliar with :)

That Colt replica just looks awesome. What caliber is it?

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top