JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
auto loaders - Browning 1911-22
Revolver- Taraus 992 9 shot, 6.5 barrel
Rife - Henry lever gun

browning1911 22.jpg

For many years My favorite 22 rimfire was my 9 break top shot sportsman and filled many a stew pot.
IMGP0123.JPG

but with aged and wacko eyes its now my 22 mini mag with red dot
IMGP0884.JPG

also lighter to carry in the woods and out shoots all others but a bit slower to reload.

Hard choice in some respects! I guess my favorite .22 pistol is a model 34-1 round-butt Smith snub... it gets used for a lot of duty around the place, is very versatile and will shoot any ammo in long rifle, long, and short. The low noise shorts are a favorite in this revolver, but I keep it loaded with CCI high speed hollow points. It is in fine like new shape, bought it used after many years searching, previous owner was good enuff to install nice pearl grips.
# 2 favorite is a Ruger MKI with a 4.5" bull barrel and adjustable "target" sights. Was going to have the barrel cut to 2.5" but the gunsmith told me that it is a somewhat rare model and advised against it.. Have been meaning for years to get some specialty grips with thumb rest in nice wood, or ivory- nice ones, not crappy plastic!
Also have an IJ top-break "Sealed Eight". I suppose a pretty decent .22, it's older (@ 1950) but not old enuff to be antique. It hasnt seen the light of day in probably 20 years- since I got the S&W 34..

Last Edited:
Kit Guns were lighter framed double-action revolvers, usually in .22LR, that didn't weigh down your kit bag (fishing satchel, backpack etc.).

Never know when you might need to dispatch a frisky muskrat trying to invade your waders. 🙃

Never heard of a "kit gun." Would it be like an AR-type that you assemble at home after purchasing the serial-numbered frame or whatever component of it the ATF says is "the gun?"
Truly, I am amazed that you had no knowledge of the Smith Kit Gun... Mine's a .22 and the result of many years searching... first read of them as a kid reading Ellery Queen mystery stories 😉. Pretty handy little revolver, for a .22 safe queen...

Had to think if anymore rimfires around the house. Oh, night stand!

High Standard Sentinel, 9 shot, loaded with 40gr. hollow points. At least if the shooting begins the holes will be easy to patch. :D

View attachment 3327

View attachment 3328

View attachment 3329
Have that same HS. Very rare and a wonderful shooter Been collecting 22s for some time now. Still have NIB HS Victor, S&W 2206 target, S&W 41, HS Field King.
And many other more current models, but one of my favorites is this Sentinel.

Years ago I bought my wife a S&W 422 and a 622. I don't have pictures, but these were partially or all aluminum. The 422 was blue and the 622 was, well, not stainless, but looked like it was raw aluminum with a coating or something.
Both accurate shooters. I have the 422 & the steel 2206 target.

Hello all, new AZ resident .. ( just escaped from Oregon )

fav rimfire(s)
my Smith 17 👍
followed by a stainless Ruger Bisley Single Six 5.5"
Winchester 9422
Ruger MIV w Volquartsen Accurizing kit
Browning Buckmark Hunter
anda Heritage Birdshead 3.5" w mag cylinder
👍

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews