JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You'd hope. My friend from high school has several guns. He's looking for someone to whom to leave them because he doesn't trust his own sons to keep them in his honor. He fears they'd sell them for the cash they'd bring.

I just had a friend sell his fathers pristine Colt Python, really made me sad.

I just had a friend sell his father's pristine Colt Python; really made me sad.
There you go. May God bring sadness upon the seller when he understands what he really did. The seller sold the memory of his father for money. That Colt puts into a solid form the memory of his dad. I'm sure there are stories revolving around the Colt. The seller may even have fired some his first-ever rounds with it. I'd never, ever sell something as close to my dad as is the Model 70 in '06 he carried all over Alaska in the early 1950s. The bluing was nearly gone and the stock was dinged-up and rough. I had it reblued and the stock refinished in 1984. I presented it to him, believing he'd like it looking "0 SMOH." He looked at it and said "Why did you do this? This rifle was like an old friend. I don't know this rifle, now." I felt like sewage solids when he said that. Wish I hadn't done it, but 35 years have gone by since then. My dad more or less accepted the renewing of the rifle; he gave it to me a few years ago and said he'd hope I keep it for many years to come. It's now in my brother's safe, many hundreds of miles away.

Weaver K-6 scope, added around 1964. My dad always used iron sights in Alaska because his eyes were so good, and he could sneak-up on his targets really well. Moose and elk are big, so they're easy to hit. The rifle's serial number tells us this is a 1946 "transitional" model, whatever that is...

Model 70.JPG

Last Edited:
Beautiful gun @nvshooter, and a exactly my point.

I inherited a Colt Anaconda from my grandfather when he passed in the early 2000's. I had no idea of the value until a few years back, but it didn't/doesn't matter. I'll continue to shoot, carry, and use that gun exactly as how he had and how I know he'd want me to. I see so many people trying to preserve the value of these guns, I'm grateful I get to use mine without a second thought.

. . . this is one bad-ash SMG!!!!
Not truly a machine gun. No new-manufacture machine guns can be made for direct sale to civilians after the Hughes Amendment of May 19, 1986. While the number of crimes committed with genuine machine guns can be counted on two fingers of one hand, Uncle decided that Americans shouldn't have the Liberty to buy a brand-new machine gun that had never been in military service. On May 18, 1986 an American could buy a brand-new M-16 for about $1000. On May 20, that same M-16 was $25,000. As far as I can remember, there are still only two crimes committed with a licensed machine gun. So why the Hughes Amendment? To keep Americans from owning more machine guns than Uncle likes us to own...

Thanks guys, ya I know it's noit a true smg, but that's what Lwrc has written on the upper, which through me off as well, but man that thing is a beauty, gonna wait until the enthusiasm dies down on them and then I will make my move!!!

The $7000-and-some target rifle in 6.5mm bore outfitted with a Zermatt Arms TL3 action (left-bolt and right-port), a Magpul Pro 700 chassis at around $1000, a trigger coming-in at around $300, a stainless barrel at around $600 and a muzzle brake machined-on for another $250 or so. I have the action ($1400); the total without the scope is around $3450. I've selected the Nightforce 7-35X x 56mm at around $3400 plus the 8.1% sales tax in Washoe County ($3675 total). So, $3450 + $3675 = $7125. I owe my Visa card $12,000 after the ravages of COVID-19, so the construction of this rifle is pretty much a pipe dream...

The $7000-and-some target rifle in 6.5mm bore outfitted with a Zermatt Arms TL3 action (left-bolt and right-port), a Magpul Pro 700 chassis at around $1000, a trigger coming-in at around $300, a stainless barrel at around $600 and a muzzle brake machined-on for another $250 or so. I have the action ($1400); the total without the scope is around $3450. I've selected the Nightforce 7-35X x 56mm at around $3400 plus the 8.1% sales tax in Washoe County ($3675 total). So, $3450 + $3675 = $7125. I owe my Visa card $12,000 after the ravages of COVID-19, so the construction of this rifle is pretty much a pipe dream...
I like the way you think. On bigger projects I buy a piece at a time. Takes longer, but the pain is not as intense.

I got my Shiloh Sharps in .45-70 when an friend of a friend wanted a new one. Mom said not until you sell the old one
It draws a lot of attention at the range, I try to have enough spare ammo to let the lookers get one shot off. Would love to go elk hunting with it. Maybe when the house is done.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top