JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
. . . I want one for my kids. I know that they would cherish it forever.
You'd hope. My friend from high school has several guns. He's looking for someone to whom to leave them because he doesn't trust his own sons to keep them in his honor. He fears they'd sell them for the cash they'd bring. I can't imagine something so shallow from a man's sons. I waited close to fifty years (1964 to 2012) to take possession of my dad's Model 70. He used it in Alaska in the early 1950s. I ultimately gave it to my brother because I am in poor health. I figgered I'd die in bed and the coroner's crew would have my guns in their closets at their homes before my cold body got to the morgue. The rifle is now securely in my brother's safe; I'm satisfied with that...

My dad is still around and he's satisfied as to where his rifle now resides...

I am fortunate in that way. If for some reason I didn't think my son would want them or sell them then I have really close friends that they would go to. Guns like those need to see the light of day for as many generations as possible.

Barrett M107... 2f83e98c480e37b0da3b02c8c6bf23b3.jpg

Last Edited:
You'd hope. My friend from high school has several guns. He's looking for someone to whom to leave them because he doesn't trust his own sons to keep them in his honor. He fears they'd sell them for the cash they'd bring. I can't imagine something so shallow from a man's sons. I waited close to fifty years (1964 to 2012) to take possession of my dad's Model 70. He used it in Alaska in the early 1950s. I ultimately gave it to my brother because I am in poor health. I figgered I'd die in bed and the coroner's crew would have my guns in their closets at their homes before my cold body got to the morgue. The rifle is now securely in my brother's safe; I'm satisfied with that...

My dad is still around and he's satisfied as to where his rifle now resides...
Nice jester...I still don't know?

I guess I'm just not as imaginative as some people. I would just like to have my little K-Hornet back that I sold 30 years ago.
I built it with a .22 target barrel on a small Martini receiver, carved my own forearm and used the custom butt stock for an
Enfield. Then, I topped it all with a Weaver(?) V-22, 3x6 scope. It was a sweetheart and I used it to put a healthy dent it the
digger squirrel population on my uncle's farm.

Too many to list. I have champagne taste on a beer budget. The real problem is i'd love to own a long list of old, classic, collectible guns, but I still want to shoot the hell out of them.
Some I have been able to build, some I have not been able to recreate, so I will just have to list after some of them from a distance for the rest of my life...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top