JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wish a Bigfoot would charge or threaten a hunter, and have said hunter put a big slug directly into the chest area of the Bigfoot. If we are ever going to know for real if the things even exist, we're going to have to kill one. I think to capture one for study would mortally endanger anybody who gets too close.
I was in Walla Walla 3-4 years ago and was introduced to the guy that said he made the Bigfoot walking through the woods hoax video. Said he and two friends made it as a joke to spoof of of his buddies that was a Professor at one of the local colleges. I have no idea if he was pulling my leg but he was about 70 years old, stood 6'5 and told a hell of a story...who knows....

I was in Walla Walla 3-4 years ago and was introduced to the guy that said he made the Bigfoot walking through the woods hoax video. Said he and two friends made it as a joke to spoof of of his buddies that was a Professor at one of the local colleges. I have no idea if he was pulling my leg but he was about 70 years old, stood 6'5 and told a hell of a story...who knows....
That would be a dangerous stunt to pull......

I was in Walla Walla 3-4 years ago . . .
Spent a large portion of my childhood growing up there ('61 - '69). Lived out on the airbase, on a 354-degree NNW heading and 1123 yards from the eastern piano keys. There is now some sort of agricultural chemicals place where our house was in the 1960s. Summers were nice, and I enjoyed watching the military jets depart from the runway. Those guys were training for Vietnam. I had no idea what "Vietnam" even was; I just dug the sight and the noise of flight operations. My life was so uncomplicated when I was just a punk kid...

I've been hunting and fishing all over Arizona for the past 30 + years. I love bow hunting and had the same campsite near Flagstaff for 8 years. I drew a elk tag in that area and set up camp as usual I set my GPS for camp. The night before opening I heard what sounded like someone dragging a stick in the dirt outside my tent in camp when I looked out of my window with a flash light I didn't see anything so went back to bed. Ten minutes later I heard it again in the same place so I got up went outside and didn't see anything. This happened two more times. I checked the ground for whatever was dragging and found no marks in the dirt in the morning before leaving camp to hunt. While returning to camp from hunting I checked my GPS for accuracy when I got within approximately 60 yards it said arriving destination two more steps and the arrow pointed the opposite direction and said destination 1 mile. I went in from different directions and the exact thing happened. I had an electrical field all around my campsite. I moved my camp about a 1/4 mile away and never camped there again.

Another strange thing I saw was on the Apache trail. I had gone there to hunt rabbits, it was just after the snow started melting. It was early about 0700 and was cold, there was still some snow in the shadows when I parked but I was seeing quite a few rabbits. I grabbed my bow and headed out walking the edge of the road, I had gone about a hundred yards when everything just shut down. Nothing was moving birds, rabbits nothing. Then I heard someone talking I recognized the language it was native American. Then I see this guy that was creepy looking, he had on blue jeans, no shirt and a colorful blanket covering his shoulders. He walked towards me from about 70 yards away down the road then turned north into the bushes, not 5 minutes later he was behind me about 70 yards. I know this area there was no way he could get past me without me seeing him, and especially that fast. He started chanting again moving up the road. I ended my hunt after another 100 yards of not seeing anything and returned to my truck. I then heard the chanting again back where I first spotted him. I thought now this was weird and left. Shape shifter ?

I would love to get a jeep and go explore the superstition mountains. Rumor has it there is gold up in the hills and there is a tribe of old Indians protecting it. supposedly there have been a lot of guys that have gone looking and never came back.

Not saying I'm going for a treasure hunt just think it would be cool to go explore and find some old Indian artifacts or something. Just in case I will be armed to the teeth and my head on a swivel. ;)

Go when it's cool and take some extra wheels & tires, + fuel. Also plenty of chow and fluids extra ammo would be good too.
Let someone know where you plan to go look and when you expect to return, that's no country to get lost and stranded in.
Don't go during the monsoons as flash floods can be deadly!
Gabby

Go when it's cool and take some extra wheels & tires, + fuel. Also plenty of chow and fluids extra ammo would be good too.
Let someone know where you plan to go look and when you expect to return, that's no country to get lost and stranded in.
Don't go during the monsoons as flash floods can be deadly!
Gabby
Take some sort of comm capability.. maybe some tools. Food water matches and bunwad. Ya never know.
"Well, the moral of the story
The moral of the song
Is simply that one should never be
Where ones does not belong"

Me and a friend were out gigging bullfrogs one night over the summer. I had a pretty good spot off of a river in a lagoon. We had just walked down the hill about to enter the water when I noticed something across the water from us on the bank. We shined our lights at it and got a flash of eyes looking back at us, I thought that it was a fox or a raccoon sitting on top of a big rock so we started across the 3 foot deep pool toward whatever it was. When we got to within 30 yards I felt that really bad feeling, my knees got weak and it felt like someone kicked me in the gut. What we thought was a coon or a fox sitting on a big rock turned out to be the largest mountain lion that I have ever seen. It sat there staring at us unafraid for at least ten minutes. I was frozen in place, my buddy started breathing real fast and started to move until I told him to hold steady. He whispered that he felt like he was going to pass out and I said if you do I'm going to leave you and tell everyone that you died protecting me from the mountain lion. He looked at me and started laughing. The cat finally started walking away from us like we were no threat at all. Once it was out of site it made a weird growl then roared. Yep that was our cue let's get the f$#& out of here. Two weeks later I was back there with another friend and came up on two guys fishing, they said a huge mountain lion walked right in front of them and took thier stringer with two flathead catfish that weighed 30 and 20 pounds and walked away into the bushes. They were packing up to leave and they both looked shaken up by what happened. Then the older of the two said we probably think that their drunk or on drugs I laughed and told them what had happened to me and another friend two weeks previous. The younger guy said that I was crazy for ever coming back and he didn't care how big the fish were or how good the fishing was , that he was never coming back after that. I haven't been back either.

.. .. .. largest mountain lion that I have ever seen.
You and you bud got dam-ned lucky. That cat would have torn you to pieces in about fifteen seconds if he'd have believed you two were a threat. I am unsure if a cat like that is territorial. He might still be in the area, keeping his turf under tight control. I'd not go back there, either...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top