JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back in the 90's, I and my assistant were driving up South Mountain in Phoenix to do some transmitter maintenance. On a rare straight part of the road, we came across a young cowgirl walking up the hill. We stopped and asked her if she was OK, as it was a long walk and pretty hot that afternoon. She kept looking straight ahead, and said "you better be careful driving this road, it's dangerous". She stepped off and just disappeared. Gone.

We got out of the truck and looked around, but she was really gone, with nowhere to hide.

On the way back, we stopped at the park ranger station and told a ranger. He told us she is seen now and then, right by the old go-cart track. Her and her boyfriend were killed there in a car rollover wreck back in the 60's.:eek:

S u b R o s a

I was driving up I-81 in Tennessee one very late night in 1999 or 2000 maybe, and I was beyond tired. I kept falling asleep for one or two seconds, then snapping awake again. I saw something cross the road in front of me; no estimation as to how far ahead. It looked like a very small black cloud, it had a head like a dog and four legs that did not touch the ground. I thought for sure I was going to hit it at 74 mph. As quickly as I saw it, it disappeared. I later recounted the story to an old-school trucker of decades more time on the roads than me. He told me what I'd seen was known as the Black Dog of Death by truckers. He said if you see it, you should get parked immediately because it's a harbinger of very bad events to come in your very near future. I continued northward, and parked at a truckstop not too far inside the Virginia border around Abingdon. This event was nearly twenty-some years ago and I can still see that black, cloudlike thing in my mind's eye...

I drew an Oregon antelope tag a many years ago. I was hunting south of John Day and North of Seneca on the east side of the 2 lane. I'd walked out about a mile or so, luckily saw some antelope way off in the distance. I was on the backside of the Strawberry mountains. I slowly laid down and pulled the binocs outta my pack. I was looking for a buck and a way to do the sneak. After just a minute or two I heard a voice right next to me. I jumped and the antelope spooked. It was one of Oregon's finest. How in the hell that guy got up next to me with me not noticing I still wonder. Anyway, he wanted the usual and I was legal and produced. Keep in mind I was at least a mile from any road. He wished me luck and walked off. It was ghostly. Having hunted antelope before I knew the bunch I'd been glassing were long gone so I got up and started off again. Probably another quarter mile passed and I came upon a very slight depression in the terrain. I noticed the outline of something so I walked down. It had at one time been a dwelling and there was very little left. And here's the part I've never forgotten and it remains vivid in my memory still. Off to the side was a wood headstone. It had a lady's name and a February 1889 date on it. And just to the side was another. It was her child, born and died on the same February 1889 date. The baby was either born dead or died shortly thereafter and the Mother passed the day of the birth. February in that part of Oregon can be miserable. I wish I knew more of this very sad story. I still wonder.

Was doing a bunch of cross training with the Norwegian Army near Malmo and we were doing some HAHO/HALO jumps day and night, towards the end of our joint ops, we did a HAHO Night Jump into a op-for on the ground, we Jumped right on according to our aircraft GPS and were flying our chutes right on course to our LZ, i'm in the lead and about a thousand feet lower then the rest of the stick, I'm running my N.O.D. with illumination on Low so i'm making the smallest I.R. signature possible ( Preventing the ground forces from detecting us), and i'm taking ground readings through my weapons built in range finder, still flying along the mountain ridges toward our LZ, i'm slowing down to about a 40 knots and all hell breaks loose on the ground just ahead of and below me, I swear there is this human shaped creature running away from me, must have been huge because I can see it clearly through my N.O.D. and weapon sight ( ACOG) and i'm still several hundred feet above it! It dove off into the tall trees and was gone! We landed several hundred yards further down into the valley and set up for our push into the held area for the rest of our OP! Once every one in the stick was on the ground i';m asking if any one else saw what I saw, none had, but we decided to have a look as we were going to set up a flanking run to toss a curve ball at the ground pounders! We got to the area I thought I had seen the creature and found what looked like tracks, the winds were up and snow was blowing, so there was no way to know fur sure what those tracks were or were made by, but they were larger then our boot prints! We decided it would be a good idea to continue on and get outta there! We finished up our OPs, managed to make all our objectives with out being seen or worse, and generally had a blast!
Made some awesome life long friends on that training session! No one ever saw any thing, but no one ever doubted me ether, our Norwegian friends often told of strange creatures, some folklore, some possibly real.

Last Edited:
Was doing a bunch of cross training with the Norwegian Army near Malmo and we were doing some HAHO/HALO jumps day and night, towards the end of our joint ops, we did a HAHO Night Jump into a op-for on the ground, we Jumped right on according to our aircraft GPS and were flying our chutes right on course to our LZ, i'm in the lead and about a thousand feet lower then the rest of the stick, I'm running my N.O.D. with illumination on Low so i'm making the smallest I.R. signature possible ( Preventing the ground forces from detecting us), and i'm taking ground readings through my weapons built in range finder, still flying along the mountain ridges toward our LZ, i'm slowing down to about a 40 knots and all hell breaks loose on the ground just ahead of and below me, I swear there is this human shaped creature running away from me, must have been huge because I can see it clearly through my N.O.D. and weapon sight ( ACOG) and i'm still several hundred feet above it! It dove off into the tall trees and was gone! We landed several hundred yards further down into the valley and set up for our push into the held area for the rest of our OP! Once every one in the stick was on the ground i';m asking if any one else saw what I saw, none had, but we decided to have a look as we were going to set up a flanking run to toss a curve ball at the ground pounders! We got to the area I thought I had seen the creature and found what looked like tracks, the winds were up and snow was blowing, so there was no way to know fur sure what those tracks were or were made by, but they were larger then our boot prints! We decided it would be a good idea to continue on and get outta there! We finished up our OPs, managed to make all our objectives with out being seen or worse, and generally had a blast!
Made some awesome life long friends on that training session! No one ever saw any thing, but no one ever doubted me ether, our Norwegian friends often told of strange creatures, some folklore, some possibly real.

Sounds like an encounter with the Nephilim . . . .

At 18 when ridding up in the woods after hours of riding I stopped to drink some water and take a wizz. When I was done I looked to my right and saw what appeared to be a blackish fur ball about 30 feet away. My mind began to race as I was listening for any movement as I remained walking swiftly back to my dirt bike. As I turned to get on my bike, I jumped on, gave it a kick and she fired to life. I turned to take one last look before I ripped back down the trail and saw nothing. I was thinking it was a black bear that I happened upon but I got no second look to see what it was. To this day, I still in my mind believe it was a black bear I saw as I've hunted up their and have seen bear scat.

Out Deer hunting with my Cousins when I was maybe 14, we kind of split up and were working up hill toward a clear cut, figuring with the rain coming, the deer would come down out of the trees and through the clearing. This was a new area to us, so every thing we were seeing was unfamiliar to us! We had little walky talkies with us, but those were only for calling in for lunch, if you got one, or emergencies. I'm hiking along with my Mauser in my hands and I start hearing this strange sort of sound just up hill in front of me, I slow down and start listening more intently, it was a sort of high pitched whistle with a deep base growling sort of sound, hard to describe it. As I start to get closer it kind of changes to more low pitch and it's getting louder. I clear the top of the little ridge and there in front of me sits this tiny cabin, its looks like it was built some time ago with wood from the area hand cut and assembled, If I had to guess, I would say maybe 10X10, I don't see any sign of any one, nor can I locate where the sound is coming from, but it's definitely close. I circle around slowly and carefully as I don't know what is what, and on the back side of the cabin I find the noise, it was the biggest and most complex still set up I had ever seen. There was pots and kettles all stacked on a bench, the big pit for getting a boil going and the biggest mash pot I have ever seen, this set up was SERIOUS! I bet it could cook off about 10 gallons of mash at a shot, with a thumper that could pass at least twice that! This was the source of the noise I had been hearing, the winds working through the Still, it was creepy and yet kind of exciting! I decided to take my lunch brake and called the cousins who were just as excited to see my "Find" as I was. we spent the better part of the afternoon searching through the site, finding several bottles of "Da Good Stuff" and lots of tools and knives and axes! We figured whom even had this still hadn't been there for a while, things were clean, but had been sitting un used for some time, the eatin irons were rusting and there was dust and "stuff" growing on just about every thing! We grabbed One bottle of juice and packed out the tools and knives and axes, and went back to the Jeep to drop it all off! We met up with Gramps near dark and told him what we had found and presented him with the bottle. He being a conisour of sour mash was most happy and said that he knew how to tell if it was OK to have a snort of not, so after his most scientific of tests ( A quick sniff, a dab on the finger, and the match test) He takes a great big Sip and declares if fit for human consumption! About an hour later we ended up having to carry him into the house as he was too wasted to carry hisself!
Next day we went back with Gramps and showed him where it was and had another good look around! Didn't find any thing else worth anything, but Gramps sure did know how that still worked and even showed us the finer points of top shelf woods build still making! I bet he also knew the finer points of mash making too, but never said, at least around our innocent ears!

Last Edited:
A rattlesnake surprised us at the range, hidden under one of the target stands and bit one of the shooters. The local Range Master captured it and resettled it to another part of the range. A little excitement.

I used to live in WA state and had an interesting experience that I documented and sent into BRFO. Here it is:

We live in Ferndale, WA in a location surrounded by woods and wetlands. There are many game trails that migrate through our property and have spotted deer and coyotes on a regular occurrence. The area we live in is adjacent to lakes, streams, and reaches to Puget Sound through a string of forest that has not been cut down. Our home is in a clearing surrounded by trees, ponds, and marsh. The rear of our home has a partially covered porch with a door leading from the laundry room to the covered section and a set of French doors leading to the uncovered section. We do not have blinds on the French doors.

March 30, 2013 – At approximately 9pm on a Saturday night, my wife and I were watching TV when I heard a commotion on our back porch. (We feed a few feral cats and have set up a small welfare state for them on our back porch) I glanced towards rear of the house from our living room to see the motion sensor light from the porch turn on and off several times. I have the timer set low so the time between lighting is short. I got up and looked out our laundry room and saw the porch was in disarray (knocked over containers and plastic bins). The cats were gone and there were no raccoons, coyotes, or possums in sight.

At this point I wanted to make sure there was no one outside our home as we are in the woods and off the main road a bit. The cats will run off if the coons come around but are rarely cause a commotion as they did that night. I went to the front of the house and stepped out the front door, closing it behind me so I could listen. It sounded like someone was walking in the grass on the side of our home so I quietly opened the door and stepped back into the house. Grabbing my handgun and a flashlight, I looked out the security window at the top of the door to make sure no one was in sight of the door then stepped back out onto the porch. As I heard the walking sound from the right side of the house, I circled left from front to rear checking for footprints in the grass/tracks in the dew. I completed a full circle around the house without seeing any indication of anyone walking in the grass.

I then started sweeping the forest and wetlands area next to the house. I saw what appeared to be a cat or raccoon eye shine far out into the woods. As I swept over the wetlands area, I saw a set of amber eye shines that were spaced so far apart (appeared to be about 10" apart) and was slightly higher than my eye level. As I was standing in an area that I knew to be about 3ft higher than the area that I was looking at, it registered in my brain that whatever owned the eye shine was taller than I was by about a foot and a half (I am 6'3"). What could not register in my brain was what it could be as the space between and the height could not correlate to anything in my mind (a cow in a tree was the logical explanation ;) I was still and the shine kept looking at me for about 45 seconds. As I could not explain, in my mind, what this could be, I just wanted it to go away. I was pretty shaken at this point. Just wanting it to go away, I figured I would discharge my handgun to scare it off. My flashlight was not powerful enough (batteries near dead..yes, I learned from this) to see what owned the shine so I did not shoot directly at it. I raised my pistol enough that whatever it was would see the muzzle flash as well as hear the shot to scare it as I did not want it around. While continuing to look at the shine, I fired a round. At this point I figured whatever it was would run away; not so. The shine continued to look at me and seemed really still. At this point I was really shaken knowing that this creature was not threatened enough to take off after the shot. I continued to try to register what was going on in my head for another 45 seconds when I noticed my ears ringing (I did not have earpro in when I fired my handgun). Adding to my fear, I realized that I could not hear anything if something came up behind me. My wife opened the front door to see if everything was ok and I decided to go back in the house to "regroup" (the shine was still looking at me). I grabbed my electronic ear muffs and my shotgun and went back outside only to find whatever it was had left. My wife knew that I had seen something that I could not explain..as I was shaken. At this point the threat (in my mind) was no longer there and I was not going to look for it so I called it a night.

The next morning, I went out to view the area where the shine was watching me from. It was a lower area than I was standing the night before. The area's vegetation looked to be trampled down with branches stepped on and broken but did not appear to be a regular game trail. In my backyard, I found a bare footprint that was equivalent of a size 13 shoe but wider. The ground was very hard and the indent was prominent. I stomped my foot down next to it and barely made a dent in the hard ground..

Look out for cows in trees...

Vesprados.jpeg
S u b R o s a o_O

The next morning, I went out to view the area from where the shine was watching me. It was a lower area than where I was standing the night before. The area's vegetation looked to be trampled down with branches stepped on and broken, but did not appear to be a regular game trail. In my backyard, I found a bare footprint that was equivalent of a Size 13 shoe but wider. The ground was very hard and the indent was prominent. I stomped my foot down next to it and barely made a dent in the hard ground.
Holy shizzles! Hope whatever left that footprint ain't found its way to the warmer climes of around Reno, NV. Has anybody who's ever claimed to have seen Bigfoot said he has reflective, yellowish eyes? Might have been a stupid thing to do, but I think I'd have put a bullet right between those shining eyes. Whatever it was it wasn't human, so killing it most likely would not have been a crime. If it was a crime, you could possibly beat the rap by saying it presented a threat to wife and family. Your story gave me the creeps reading it; I could see the whole thing in my mind's eye. You provided a very good retelling of the event...

Holy shizzles! Hope whatever left that footprint ain't found its way to the warmer climes of around Reno, NV. Has anybody who's ever claimed to have seen Bigfoot said he has reflective, yellowish eyes? Might have been a stupid thing to do, but I think I'd have put a bullet right between those shining eyes. Whatever it was it wasn't human, so killing it most likely would not have been a crime. If it was a crime, you could possibly beat the rap by saying it presented a threat to wife and family. Your story gave me the creeps reading it; I could see the whole thing in my mind's eye. You provided a very good retelling of the event...

It's eye shine was amber. Funny, but WA state has a law on the books that shooting a bigfoot is illegal. I am not sure I would have shot it had I known what it was but I will not fire my weapon at something I cannot identify unless charging me, which this was not. It was the oddest experience I have had in the woods and needless to say, I have kept my surefire fueled up since then. My story would have been totally different had I had fully charged flashlight in hand..

. . . WA state has a law on the books that shooting a Bigfoot is illegal.
I wish a Bigfoot would charge or threaten a hunter, and have said hunter put a big slug directly into the chest area of the Bigfoot. If we are ever going to know for real if the things even exist, we're going to have to kill one. I think to capture one for study would mortally endanger anybody who gets too close.

I used to frequent the prairies North of the Arkansas River,in Colorado,known locally as the "drylands." There was a old house known as the Cox place. All that remained was the studding and plank sheeting,it had about a 10 degree list to the East. Pigeons inhabited the loft.I had stepped thru the doorway many times,but this time I looked to my right and see the remains of a rattle snake, eye high. Evidently it was going upstairs.between the stud and outside wood and the building shifted ,catching the snake . You can imagine the snake was very POed and would of stuck at anything entering. After that my cap entered first,extended on a stick.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top