JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have three. Every night my EDC goes on my night stand with in arms reach. I also have Canik TPS9 that is locked up in small safe, which I open every night before I go to sleep. Just in case I have a shotlock in the closet with a shotgun in it.

I feel that between the three I am pretty well covered. I can always let my wife use the EDC and clear the house with either the Canik or the shotgun which both have lights on them.

This is a question I'm constantly re-evaluating. For the most part I use my EDC, currently an FNS-9C. I have several other guns which would serve the role well, perhaps better considering they have flashlights and such, security is a bit of a concern though.

Saiga 20 ga w/varying shot. Start with bird shot, then 3 #4 buck, then then 2 x 00 buck, then 2 slugs. Semi auto with switched light set on strobe. When my left hand hits the strobe, it's blinding. The bird shot gets their attention. The #4 buck gets serious, The 00 will do the job. If theres anybody stupid or drugged/crazed enough to keep coming the slugs will change their attitude and aptitude.
With the array of shells, its obvious that I'm not trying to dismiss anyone as my first defense, but with the ability to fire in less than a second, and with the dazzling effect of the strobe, the intruder should be looking to get out rather than stay around and continue to get peppered.
Just in case, theres also a S&W MP Shield 9mm on the nightstand, with auto on laser.
Theres also a 20 ga shotty in the closet in case i'm not in bed in the middle of the night.
Just got a Tavor X95 but don't want to fill the holes in the wall or clean up the mess after using it, so I'll probably keep it locked up

My go to now days is a PCC. Have one in 10mm and 2 in 9mm. All use Glock mags and have a light. My old eye's are not what they used to be so the long guns are great. Always been a 1911 fanboy so of course one of those is on the night stand.

Which PCC did you choose? I've been kicking around the idea of one lately.
The 10mm is a TNW and I think everyone knows what I think of them. Great gun, owner is to be kind , NOT someone I will ever deal with again. Sad really as I like the gun. The 2 9mms are an old Kel-Tec S2K Gen I that I still like only because it's so damn short and light. My hands down favorite is my Ruger PC. If house was on fire and I could only grab one the Ruger would be it. The best money I spent in a long time. The people who came up with this really did a great job.

The 10mm is a TNW and I think everyone knows what I think of them. Great gun, owner is to be kind , NOT someone I will ever deal with again. Sad really as I like the gun. The 2 9mms are an old Kel-Tec S2K Gen I that I still like only because it's so damn short and light. My hands down favorite is my Ruger PC. If house was on fire and I could only grab one the Ruger would be it. The best money I spent in a long time. The people who came up with this really did a great job.
Thank you. The Ruger PC is the one that caught my eye also. Appreciate the review.

Thank you. The Ruger PC is the one that caught my eye also. Appreciate the review.
The PCC is certainly not for everyone but, if you think you would like one I can not see anyone not liking the Ruger a LOT. They got into the game a little late but they sure did things the right way. The way it can take Glock mags was a HUGE plus. So many already have a bunch of Glock mags or own a Glock. For those who have either one of 2 different Ruger pistols in 9mm they can use those mags. Great little rifles.

The PCC is certainly not for everyone but, if you think you would like one I can not see anyone not liking the Ruger a LOT. They got into the game a little late but they sure did things the right way. The way it can take Glock mags was a HUGE plus. So many already have a bunch of Glock mags or own a Glock. For those who have either one of 2 different Ruger pistols in 9mm they can use those mags. Great little rifles.
Do you have to get a kit for Glock Mags? Seem they'd want to sell their own mags...

W/O rugrats in the HD scenario, the Mossberg 835 sits quietly beside the bed awaiting to have a round of dbl ought chambered by myself or partner in the middle of the night when someone begins to open the closed bedroom door and begins to crossthe bedroom door's threshold.

No illumination required...as my tired arse has no desire to search and engage 'noises in the night' until such time as my immediate area is threatened, then i can unequivocally state to investigators "while in my safe zone feared for my life!"

Something about the LOUD ratch'g of a shell into a shotgun which causes BGs to change their minds!

W/O rugrats in the HD scenario, the Mossberg 835 sits quietly beside the bed awaiting to have a round of dbl ought chambered by myself or partner in the middle of the night when someone begins to open the closed bedroom door and begins to crossthe bedroom door's threshold.

No illumination required...as my tired arse has no desire to search and engage 'noises in the night' until such time as my immediate area is threatened, then i can unequivocally state to investigators "while in my safe zone feared for my life!"

Something about the LOUD ratch'g of a shell into a shotgun which causes BGs to change their minds!
Agreed, Racking a SG is what some call an "ATTENTION GETTER"

G19 with a Streamlight TLR-6 or a Remington 870 Tactical with #4 Buckshot.

I lean more towards the 870, I have neighbors I would rather not send a round through their house.

The way it can take Glock mags was a HUGE plus. So many already have a bunch of Glock mags or own a Glock.

I don't really have a role for a PCC to play, but I've thought about getting one on numerous occasions just because they take Glock mags. Fantastic choice by Ruger.

Generally my EDC, XD-S 45. My significant other also has an XD-S 9mm close at hand. Usually a couple of other hand guns in a safe spot just in case it turns into a real gun fight. ;)

My SIONICS light weight middy, a A5 buffer system with Aimpoint T-1 Micro and Surefire Scout Light because that is what I train with most and am very comfortable with. I figure for HD I not concerned with extended range and prefer the speed of the light weight and red dot.

A Glock 19 with a Surefire X300 Ultra backs up the AR, again that is what I'm most familiar and comfortable with.

And a Remington 870P with Surefire DSF, Speedfeed IV-S stock, Aridus Industries Q-DC side saddle, Vang Comp barrel & big dome safety and XS Big Dot sight. Because, while I typically prefer an AR, somethings the street howitzer is the right tool.

Do you have to get a kit for Glock Mags? Seem they'd want to sell their own mags...
Rifle came with one insert for The SR mags and one for Glock. They were selling one for one of the other Ruger pistols on their site. Way it is set up I fully expect either Ruger or after market will soon be offering inserts for other mags too. Looks like it would be pretty simple to do. The guys who came up with this really seem to have looked at what was out there and then made their opening into this game something many would like. Took a hell of a long time for supply to catch up. When I bought mine they had been out for a while. Ordered it off the auction and my Dealer was saying he could not get his hands on one no matter how hard he tried. Now they are finally of course caught up and easy to find.

Since we are getting up there we keep night lights scattered around the place. That way don't have to stumble around in the dark. Keep lights on my house guns in case I wake to find power off. Last time it went it was a reminder to me just how damn dark it is where we live now. Pitch black as soon as it died. Had to pull my cell phone out just to find a damn flashlight :)

I opt for my Sig P226 since I can shoot it well and it seems ideal for close confined spaces. I also have my AR15 with a bunch of loaded magazines locked away, but it only takes a key to open.
I choose these two because I feel that pistols are ideal in buildings and it's what I can afford. I'll probably get a short pump shotgun or finish my trench gun project eventually.

The small push button streamlight pro/tac high intensity multifunction flashlite(s) are beside the bed, in the bathroom, and other 'convenient' places for my immediate use if i decide to 'illuminate' someone/thing as i wander in the residence or out on the property in the dark.

From jeff foxwothy...
'Official uniform of suspicious noises, underpants and a baseball bat.'

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top