JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I scratch my 6.5mm itch with a 264 Win Mag...

Due to creedmor popularity and some of the people shooting them, there's a whole faction of creedmor hate going around. Pretty hilarious stuff actually.

Hornady did a great job with promoting this cartridge, which in itself actually is a pretty good cartridge... at least I don't have a problem with it... where the problem came in is knuckleheads who were so enamored with it, began boasting about it incessantly, it became extremely popular, more often than not with people who didn't know much about firearms, cartridges and ballistics, which led to some pretty wild claims.
This drew out the people who did know something about firearms, cartridges and ballistics, to tease those who didn't. The memes ensued... LOL!!

Anyway, just be prepared to take some guff for owning one, in some people's eyes, it's akin to a pink gun...

Due to creedmor popularity and some of the people shooting them, there's a whole faction of creedmor hate going around. Pretty hilarious stuff actually.

Hornady did a great job with promoting this cartridge, which in itself actually is a pretty good cartridge... at least I don't have a problem with it... where the problem came in is knuckleheads who were so enamored with it, began boasting about it incessantly, it became extremely popular, more often than not with people who didn't know much about firearms, cartridges and ballistics, which led to some pretty wild claims.
This drew out the people who did know something about firearms, cartridges and ballistics, to tease those who didn't. The memes ensued... LOL!!

Anyway, just be prepared to take some guff for owning one, in some people's eyes, it's akin to a pink gun...
Well, I guess I am falling for the hype - and figured I would give it a try. I could always just bring the .308 stuff....

Well, if you think you're gonna take your creed brown bear hunting, or stretch it out past 1K... you might be drinking the kool aid...

Like I said, it's actually a pretty good cartridge. And just like every other cartridge, (except 9mm Luger/Parabellum/NATO) it gets better with handloading.

Creed is better than 308 for LR... also better for LR than the 260 Remington and the 6.5X55 Swede.

Just don't expect to leap tall buildings in a single bound, stop a speeding locomotive, etc. lol!

Funny, as I have a Few 6.5X55 Swedes that will run right there with it, and it's " only" 120 years old! I also have two WIldcats in 6.5/06 that will smoke it, but hey, it's 6.5, so it's all good, Right?
Kind of like the 6.5/284 WildCat that (Norma?) became all the rage back in the 90's! The Ol' Swede loudly kept on rockin!
And my CG-63 can ring steel at 1600 meters all day long with decent handloads and 142 Gr Swift ( Rockits) Scroccos!

Meh, the Americans With Disabilities Act says you're entitled to a Braille range finder, and seeing shooter dog. :p

OK, that was dumb.... ;)

My wife appears to drive by Braille..... but I am unsure about tapping into that skill set.

What's funny is that when shooting something like a 9mm handgun - I cannot tell where I hit the target beyond 20 feet or so - because I cannot see the individual holes in the target. But I can regularly hit a 1-gallon milk jug full of water at 100 yds, or a full sized steel silhouette at 200 yds. I just aim for the blurry thing out there that I identify as the target.

Funny, as I have a Few 6.5X55 Swedes that will run right there with it, and it's " only" 120 years old! I also have two WIldcats in 6.5/06 that will smoke it, but hey, it's 6.5, so it's all good, Right?
Kind of like the 6.5/284 WildCat that (Norma?) became all the rage back in the 90's! The Ol' Swede loudly kept on rockin!
And my CG-63 can ring steel at 1600 meters all day long with decent handloads and 142 Gr Swift ( Rockits) Scroccos!

All 3 of them are close 260, creed, 6.5 Swede, but at range the creed edges em out. Hand load to hand load, factory ammo to factory ammo.

And I'm a fan of the Swede...oh and the ol 300 H&H...

Took em a long time to come up with marginally better, but they did it. No matter how much we hate to admit it.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top