JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a lot of guns that I love (all of them even the ones I don't own!) but when I go to the range my Tikka always goes with me. I really would like to spend some more time shooting my dads 270 that I just brought home and I really want a Tikka in .223. My feeling with the .223 is that it will help me in the long range discipline working on the fundamentals.

Do you guys shoot steel or paper? I love the ringing of steel it makes it a little more interactive and keeps me entertained. :s0092:

I trade-off between different rifles or pistols - depending on what I am trying to work on. My favorite rifle is my Olympic Arms AR74. My favorite pistol is my CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical. Most trips to the desert usually means 6 or 8 different weapons.

Always an AR. My Howa M1500 in 5.56mm and its lefthanded thumbhole stock. Both of my mildcat rifles. I have no handguns. I'm not a huge fan of cleaning my wheppins after using them, so many times I'll use just one and leave the others unfired...

Jhpe1iSh.jpg

My Ruger Mark IV with everything Volquartsen. Great .22. Vortex Venom sight, and a 1 1/5 pound trigger. Shoots excellent. If only I could shoot it as well as it does from a rest.

I'm just not as good of a shot as I was a few years ago but I'm trying.

I have a lot of guns that I love (all of them even the ones I don't own!) but when I go to the range my Tikka always goes with me. I really would like to spend some more time shooting my dads 270 that I just brought home and I really want a Tikka in .223. My feeling with the .223 is that it will help me in the long range discipline working on the fundamentals.

Do you guys shoot steel or paper? I love the ringing of steel it makes it a little more interactive and keeps me entertained. :s0092:

I don't usually take one specific rifle to the range with me in addition to whatever else I'm planning to shoot, but I will generally take something "soft" shooting for a break if larger calibers are beating me up and I need a change of pace.
That said, I like to take my Savage bolt rifle in .223 Remington since it is my Praire Poodle Shooter and I like to keep my hand in to make sure I keep my "edge."
All that aside, I've wanted a Tikka (in ANY caliber but mostly in .223 or .308) because of their reputations as fine shooting irons.
My opinion is that you will be well-served buying the Tikka in .223 because it is relatively inexpensive to shoot and even less so if you reload. And that doesn't even factor in the ability to build loads that can easily outshoot most ANY factory offering in a given bullet weight.
Besides, Tikka has a reputation of building FINE rifles that won't break the bank in purchasing, either.
You could do a LOT worse in that category, Sir.
Good Luck in your quest and let us know what your ultimate decision is and how it turns out for you.
Overnout

View attachment 4655

My Ruger Mark IV with everything Volquartsen. Great .22. Vortex Venom sight, and a 1 1/5 pound trigger. Shoots excellent. If only I could shoot it as well as it does from a rest.

I'm just not as good of a shot as I was a few years ago but I'm trying.

KOWABUNGA, Dude!
That is quite the unique shootin' machine right there, Yessiree! I've not seen one of those before but NOW I have to look into cost, accuracy and all things related to that little Beast.
I'll blame YOU if my wallet gets lighter (or my credit card gets HEAVIER!) as a result. LOL
Overnout

, I've wanted a Tikka (in ANY caliber but mostly in .223 or .308)

I have a Tikka CTR in .308 Man that thing is the sweetest shooter and it is so difficult to compare anything after owning one! I am considering building one in .223 but my cost would be more and I am afraid that it won't shoot as nice. :(

When heading to the range I generally choose a 'theme' for the day, be it handguns, rifles (steel, long range, etc), shotguns (destroying things, clays, etc). The one gun that always seems to make it on every trip is (surprisingly) my Ruger MKIV 22/45. Hands down one of my favorite guns! It's boringly accurate, just plain fun to shoot, and never fails to put a smile on the faces of those I let shoot it.

I have a Tikka CTR in .308 Man that thing is the sweetest shooter and it is so difficult to compare anything after owning one! I am considering building one in .223 but my cost would be more and I am afraid that it won't shoot as nice. :(

I'd be interested in seeing how it compares to a Ruger Precision Rifle. Have you had the chance to shoot them side by side?

I'd be interested in seeing how it compares to a Ruger Precision Rifle. Have you had the chance to shoot them side by side?

Joe I have shot them side by side. Kruel J had a Ruger precision and he sold it at a loss and bought a Tikka CTR. The Tikka was hands down a better rifle out of the box, not even in the same league you might say.

Joe I have shot them side by side. Kruel J had a Ruger precision and he sold it at a loss and bought a Tikka CTR. The Tikka was hands down a better rifle out of the box, not even in the same league you might say.

Good to hear!

Same as you feel, myTikka is the king!

>1000-yd shootah, baby!!
B32C2D77-7C04-4647-B85C-671173647F57.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top