JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hahaha! Right?

MadDuner, here's a few for ya...

B7392181-9300-4280-A7B2-430876992FA5.jpeg 3C5CD34F-0162-4704-B316-F12AB3165D40.jpeg

Funny, as I have a Few 6.5X55 Swedes that will run right there with it, and it's " only" 120 years old! I also have two WIldcats in 6.5/06 that will smoke it, but hey, it's 6.5, so it's all good, Right?
Kind of like the 6.5/284 WildCat that (Norma?) became all the rage back in the 90's! The Ol' Swede loudly kept on rockin!
And my CG-63 can ring steel at 1600 meters all day long with decent handloads and 142 Gr Swift ( Rockits) Scroccos!

I (kinda) miss the 6.5x55 Swede I bought from one of my sergeants when I was in the Army at Ft. Riley, KS in the late 70's. I say kinda because he cut the furniture to "sporterize" it to make it look more modern then he painted the wood (gulp) Monkey Vomit Green. Cheese and RICE! Talk about ugly! More like an abomination!! (Cringe!)
But the straight-pull could shoot like a house afire and accurate to boot.
Best part (for me at the time) was every gun store in and around the area each had several boxes at least, covered with dust and VERY eager to sell their stockpiles.
I don't think I paid more than $5.00 per box of 20 rounds and for a lowly PFC with an itchy trigger finger and willing to shoot ANYthing and EVERYthing, well, let's just say I was happier than a puppy with two we*ners! LMAO (sorry if too crass but it paints the picture).
(Cue the song "If I had a hammer I'd hammer all day.")
But having (almost) endless supplies of 5.56x45 ammo, I traded in the Swede for a Ruger Mini-14 Model 181 Rifle and shot untold THOUSANDS of rounds of "free" ammo, courtesy of Uncle Sam.
But to this day I still miss The Swede and reminisce about the game we could've hunted (after replacing the Gawd Awful stock).
The question remains: do I pull the trigger and buy something in 6.5? Lord knows I have two safes full of toys that get rare trips to the range as it is.
Oh well.
Thanks for the memories this thread evokes for this old Fa*t.
God Bless and be Safe out there.
Overnout

Easy choice for me...
It would be my .54 Hawken Rifle copy made by Loren "Doc" Brown.
I've owned this rifle since it was made in 1997 and have been shooting it almost exclusively since then.

Walnut stock that was made from a local tree that was hit by lighting...
36 inch Orion barrel with a 1-72 twist..
Ron Long Lock...
My load is 80 grains of 2F , a .15 patch and a .530 round ball.
This rifle and load has kept me fed and helped win many a rifle match.
Andy
Hawken.jpg
The rifle ...
Doc Brown with medal.jpg
The rifle maker ...Doc Brown

I'm a thinkin we "Sponsor" a Road Trip for Andy to come south for a weekend, that way us Southerners don't have so darn far to drive, and we can get together at the Range or One of the Secret shootin spots and have a grand ol time! Of course we gotta do a BBQ after! I know there is some camping in the Battle Ground area, so we could do up a weekend in grand style! What say you fellers? @DB Wesner @11Charlie @Joe Link
@Stomper @v0lcom13sn0w @Caveman Jim!

I'm a thinkin we "Sponsor" a Road Trip for Andy to come south for a weekend, that way us Southerners don't have so darn far to drive, and we can get together at the Range or One of the Secret shootin spots and have a grand ol time! Of course we gotta do a BBQ after! I know there is some camping in the Battle Ground area, so we could do up a weekend in grand style! What say you fellers? @DB Wesner @11Charlie @Joe Link
@Stomper @v0lcom13sn0w @Caveman Jim!
Oh sure!
Just because I'm 2,000 miles away I'm not invited? LOL

You guys better take pics and post them so the rest of us can experience it long-distance almost....

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top