JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mitt is attributed with this quote when he signed a bill that, if I have this right, more clearly defined how a muzzle loader is legally considered to be loaded, but made the Massachusetts assault weapons ban permanent:
"Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These are not made for recreation or self defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/mitt-romney-has-complex-history-on-guns

If he really said that, he doesn't know much about how firearms function, nor the intent of the Second Amendment. The purpose of my AR is not "hunting down and killing people." It is for target practice, varminting and home defense. There are other semi-auto rifles that are functionally the same and just as "deadly" - mine just looks scarier and has a better handgrip. Our forefathers had no intention of limiting ownership to muskets. Many of them owned rifles, which would be the Revolutionary War era equivalent of the AR-15's full-auto cousins - the M16, M4, SCAR, AK etc. Some of them owned cannons.

But then you go to this page that supports Romney, but seems to have more facts, and you'd have to wonder if the above quote is correct at all:
http://www.aboutmittromney.com/gun_myths_part2.htm

So what's his deal, really? The guy who brought Romneycare to Massachusetts, but thinks Obamacare is bad; made the Ma AWB permanent but tells the NRA convention that he supports ownership of semi-automatic rifles? I know the simple answer is "He's a politician" but that doesn't really help, does it? What do you folks think and what facts do you have?

I'm not really sure any of romney's positions actually matter, which is unfortunate, because he isn't running as being a strong supporter of ...... he's running as "I'm not obama", which is a pretty sad state of affairs, and a historically failed strategy for winning elections. Look at Kerry/Bretgirl 2004.

Personally, I don't have much hope for our choices in november on the presidential ticket. Instead I am focused entirely on congressional and senate elections. The best thing supporters of the 2a can do right now is make sure the people representing them in the congress support the 2a, and will block, filibuster, de-fund, and vote down any gun control legislation that comes up. From what I can tell neither of the candidates for president are strong or reliable supporters of the 2a.

My only hope for the presidency is the public will elect someone who doesn't cause the stock market to drop 200 points, gas prices to spike, or a run on commodities every time he opens his mouth.

Soooo, it looks like Romney vs. Obama ..... a Lose - Lose situation in my opinion ..... :(

Yep :(

But I know which I'll be choosing.

Even if Romney is a liar and truly is anti-gun (which I suspect he is both), there's still a better chance of him pandering to gun owners and supporting our cause than Obama.

Agree completely with AMp, congress is where we need to focus.

Look at it this way, because you have no other way or choice to look at it. Mitt Romney's position on gun ownership is better than Hussein's. In fact his position on just about everything is better than Hussein's. Hussein is the absolute worst and most dangerous President this nation has ever had in it's 236 year history.

I don't disagree with you there Bill, however the thing I always like to stress, control of congress is a much easier way we can control our government than worrying about the presidency. A congress full of liberty minded individuals will do more to change the direction of the country than a liberty minded president, and a group of fascists in the congress. To cast my vote for president, I am 1 of 330,000,000 to cast my vote for my local representative I am maybe 1 of 250,000. My vote matters a lot more locally than it does nationally.

Just remember that Federal law trumps state law anywhere and everywhere. In that regard a conservative Congressman, along with whatever laws he helps get passed in his state, do not effect the Federal governments position. We just saw that with SB-1070 here in Arizona. You also have the same thing with all of these "Medical Marijuana" laws. Marijuana is still illegal by Federal law. The Feds can come in and shut down and arrest any and all of these "Clinics" that are selling this stuff, and the owners would face Federal charges, regardless of whatever state laws their Congressmen helped get passed regarding it's legality. You have to have a conservative Federal government. We've all seen the results when we don't with the present administration. It's been a disaster to everyone, except lazy idiots wanting a handout.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top