JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So you're a trucker! Me, too. I always drove what the company provided. Never had the gonadinals to buy my own. I tip my CAT hat to you...
So you're a trucker! Me, too. I always drove what the company provided. Never had the gonadinals to buy my own. I tip my CAT hat to you...

I was a truck driver, until 9 years ago...
I drove dump truck and pup for 3 years. Then bought my own when work was slow. I only had 3 trucks and hauled wood chips, sawdust and hog fuel for 7 years. I ran only daycabs. Everything was local and home every night. Then leased onto Boise Cascade and Gordon Trucking for the longhaul world. I bought a new 2005 (?) 379 Longnose for $116,000.00 for Gordon. I went to work for SWIFT heavy haul, that's all I ever did, so I could bring the truck and trailer home every night living in BFE in eastern Washington. Got a job working for Gardner Triucking and hyperextending my right knee at 57 and that was it.

I miss it for sure..

More photos of the Pacific!

I have a unique set of requirements at the Ranch in Co, and this new truck best fills those needs! I started out with a nice old Mack Dump truck which did OK, but a combination of needs and a huge money making opportunity led me to doing this truck! My needs are: Hauling large amounts of soil and rock, and firewood yearly, as well as a serious fire fighting capabilities! By installing three bladders in the end dump, I can haul aprox 11000 gallons of water, plus the 1600 on board the tractor ( In the headache rack) so this truck fills those needs! I also needed it to be able to travel off road, as I must maintain a large section of fire roads and need access to those at all times! The money making part came from every one in the county seeing this monster running through the towns hauling all sorts of stuff and every one needing some one to haul stuff to their farms and ranches as most roads are hard pack dirt and can get pretty chewed up in the wet months, so this truck makes me a pretty nice income when ever I want! When i'm home, hardly a day goes by that my phone isn't ringing, some one needs a load of rock, or soil, or in the fall, loads of fire wood!

I think ( no proof) that the Pacific was owned by Maloof logging. No really sure but a few folks commented on it might be a old Maloof truck as I was hauling it out of Canada! Lots of these were painted this color combo, so unless i find any evidence ether way, wont really know!

I have a unique set of requirements at the Ranch in Co, and this new truck best fills those needs! I started out with a nice old Mack Dump truck which did OK, but a combination of needs and a huge money making opportunity led me to doing this truck! My needs are: Hauling large amounts of soil and rock, and firewood yearly, as well as a serious fire fighting capabilities! By installing three bladders in the end dump, I can haul aprox 11000 gallons of water, plus the 1600 on board the tractor ( In the headache rack) so this truck fills those needs! I also needed it to be able to travel off road, as I must maintain a large section of fire roads and need access to those at all times! The money making part came from every one in the county seeing this monster running through the towns hauling all sorts of stuff and every one needing some one to haul stuff to their farms and ranches as most roads are hard pack dirt and can get pretty chewed up in the wet months, so this truck makes me a pretty nice income when ever I want! When i'm home, hardly a day goes by that my phone isn't ringing, some one needs a load of rock, or soil, or in the fall, loads of fire wood!

Looks like it had a cut for the reach of a log trailer for hauling monster loads off the landing. Where I used to live in Curlew Washington, we had a guy who all kinds of crazy stuff to move anything. He only bought one new truck in the 17 years I lived there...He had a same construction company and did the same s you. Do you live in Colorado now ?

It did have every thing when I bought it, I had the yard pull the axles and headache rack/water tank and bunk! They were more then happy to do it to partly get rid of it and also to then have parts for other trucks that might have needed them! I really want to go back up there and grab a nice old Hayes from the same era, those Canadians sure know how to build a truck! LOL
I'm in Or. right now, we had a major family situation we needed to deal with so the wife and I took off 2 1/2 years to take care of things, and will be heading back to Colorado next spring! I'm heading down there next Sunday for a few weeks to take care of a bunch of things I need to get done, Clear the fire roads, cut back the brush and any trees/limbs, and get the bladders loaded and the pumps mounted on the trailers sub frame so it's ready to go! Lots of normal house stuff and some county business, all in all, should be a nice vacation! LOL
Had a pretty good burn last year, got too close for comfort and I went down there to make sure it stayed out of our valley! It got to within 4 miles of us and being pushed by consistent 40 MPH winds, it was SERIOUS! Several other ranchers and I got a good head start on it and got in a good fire line and were ready to set a back burn, but the winds shifted and brought much needed rains ( And a tornado) and the fire died down enough for the Hot Shots and normal crews to get a handle on it and under control! Fire is a SERIOUS deal there, about every 2 to 3 years we get a burn going and then it's on!

It did have every thing when I bought it, I had the yard pull the axles and headache rack/water tank and bunk! They were more then happy to do it to partly get rid of it and also to then have parts for other trucks that might have needed them! I really want to go back up there and grab a nice old Hayes from the same era, those Canadians sure know how to build a truck! LOL
I'm in Or. right now, we had a major family situation we needed to deal with so the wife and I took off 2 1/2 years to take care of things, and will be heading back to Colorado next spring! I'm heading down there next Sunday for a few weeks to take care of a bunch of things I need to get done, Clear the fire roads, cut back the brush and any trees/limbs, and get the bladders loaded and the pumps mounted on the trailers sub frame so it's ready to go! Lots of normal house stuff and some county business, all in all, should be a nice vacation! LOL
Had a pretty good burn last year, got too close for comfort and I went down there to make sure it stayed out of our valley! It got to within 4 miles of us and being pushed by consistent 40 MPH winds, it was SERIOUS! Several other ranchers and I got a good head start on it and got in a good fire line and were ready to set a back burn, but the winds shifted and brought much needed rains ( And a tornado) and the fire died down enough for the Hot Shots and normal crews to get a handle on it and under control! Fire is a SERIOUS deal there, about every 2 to 3 years we get a burn going and then it's on!

We lost 250,000 acres behind our house in 2015. That's some scary stuff........it was a million total..

We have had 5 really big fires in the 11 years we have owned the place, the biggest was Kings Valley just to the north of us, burned almost half a million acres, and smoked us out for several weeks! The worst was 2013 when some areshat set the fire just outside Colorado Springs and it burned the the Garden of the Gods and almost all the way to Woodland Park! Last years twins fires, was really nasty, and got the closest to our place since we have been there! Almost half of these fires are man made, and they are getting worse!

We have had 5 really big fires in the 11 years we have owned the place, the biggest was Kings Valley just to the north of us, burned almost half a million acres, and smoked us out for several weeks! The worst was 2013 when some areshat set the fire just outside Colorado Springs and it burned the the Garden of the Gods and almost all the way to Woodland Park! Last years twins fires, was really nasty, and got the closest to our place since we have been there! Almost half of these fires are man made, and they are getting worse!

Man made fires..........WTF is wrong with people !! Ours was lightening started. We did lose our cabin 100 miles away to another fire the same year.. They were all over. USFS won't let anybody log and it was a perfect way to burn up everything in its way..

Man made fires..........WTF is wrong with people !! Ours was lightening started. We did lose our cabin 100 miles away to another fire the same year.. They were all over. USFS won't let anybody log and it was a perfect way to burn up everything in its way..
I sincerely believe that the collective IQ of the human race is decreasing as the population grows.

A awful lot of people have no concept of how to be safe in dry conditions, they BBQ or smoke, or park their truck in high grass, or even shoot steel and that can start fires really quickly, and once you get a good wind going, it really takes off! Some of the worst fires in modern times have been man made, usually from doing something really stupid, or simply being completely ignorant!
At least in Colorado they take fire prevention super serious and are very pro active about preventing and fighting them! Almost like Cal-Fire, they have really big fire companies and lots of Hot Shot's ( Like Me) that can get in and get ahead of them quickly!

Wet M37.jpg

This was my ride for 30 years. '53 Dodge M37 3/4T. Photo taken back in '90 on the way to the Orizaba mine to shoot, North of the Phx metro about 40 miles.

I put in a Detroit Diesel 3-53N, Spicer 5SP OD, 11.00-18 Gama Goat ties/wheels. Sold it @ 250,000 some-odd miles for a bunch of $.

Simple & robust, It served me well. Another is in the pipeline.;)

S u b R o s a

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top