JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Loaded 50 rounds of 40SW today using 140gr Missouri cast and coated bullets with 8gr of Silhouette in new Winchester brass with Winchester SPP.

Since I also load 10mm, I swapped out the Lee 40SW/10mm dies for RCBS Carbide 40SW/10mm dies.
Both die sets can be used for both calibers, I'm just keeping die set 10mm and the other 40SW.
Someday I'll explore the spacer that will make switching easier.
Keeping one die set for one caliber is not required but I find it helpful to not have to readjust dies once they are set.

The RCBS dies don't charge powder through the case like the Lee dies do. For the RCBS setup, I primed all the cases, then expanded all the cases,
placed the powder funnel on a case, zeroed the scale, threw 7.8gr, trickled up to 8gr, poured the powder, moved the funnel to a new case, placed a bullet on top of the loaded brass, and seated the bullet.

Following that method kept me focused on one charge per cartridge and allowed for the slight drift I get from my scale to be zero checked with every charge.

The Redding BR3 powder measure is very accurate and I would consider throwing an entire box of reloads without the scale at some point.

Reloading 40SW.jpg

Haven't reloaded a dam-ned thing since around the end of June 2020. I came aboard with a busy FedEx Ground contractor at that time, and all else in my life has gone to the wayside since then. Reloaded no ammo, fired-off no ammo, made no homebrewed beer in just about two and a half years. I have no life beyond the hours consumed by my job. Such a revoltin' set of circumstances it is...

I need to get my equipment out and reload some .243. Goal is to get good at using a bipod to hit bullseyes on the first shot at 100, 200, and 300 yards from seated or kneeling position. I found a good load about 4 years ago, let's hope I can pick up where I left off.

I need to get my equipment out and reload some .243. Goal is to get good at using a bipod to hit bullseyes on the first shot at 100, 200, and 300 yards from seated or kneeling position. I found a good load about 4 years ago, let's hope I can pick up where I left off.
Those are obtainable goals. Depending on your barrel's twist rate you should have a not to much trouble.

For my 1:8 twist barrel, 87gr Vmax were accurate enough to stay sub MOA. If I wanted tighter accuracy, I had to go to heavier bullets. Scope selection becomes a factor with .243 if you want to see your impacts. My 8-32 was getting knocked off target from recoil so I went with a 3-24.

I got loaded Christmas Eve; drank three 12-ounce craftbeers in about an hour. I ain't been that inebriated since November 9, 1984. I was on my bed later that evening, wishing I hadn't consumed so much. Eight-plus hours of continuous sleep salved the problem...

As a trucker, I don't drink much alcohol. I just did last night because I knew I wasn't going anywhere, today. During the week when I'm running, having a few beers isn't happening. After last night, I'm limiting myself to two at a sitting...

I got loaded Christmas Eve; drank three 12-ounce craftbeers in about an hour. I ain't been that inebriated since November 9, 1984. I was on my bed later that evening, wishing I hadn't consumed so much. Eight-plus hours of continuous sleep salved the problem...

As a trucker, I don't drink much alcohol. I just did last night because I knew I wasn't going anywhere, today. During the week when I'm running, having a few beers isn't happening. After last night, I'm limiting myself to two at a sitting...
A man has got to know his limitations.... (said in Clint Eastwood voice).

Haven't done much reloading in a while. Starting to run low on 69gr SMK. Family got me one of those FA wet pin tumblers for christmas. I haven't tried the cleaning solution that comes with it, but I've been using Lemishine and Laundry detergent, and after an hour and a half or so, any deprimed 5.56 brass comes out down-right pretty. I'm messing around trying to get some kind of like liquid car wax that will preserve the surface. (open to suggestions)

I have two of those short little pony drums of brass I deprimed a while ago, in anticipation of cleaning and sizing, just never got around to it until now.

Trying out coated lead cast from T&B bullets
200 …. 1 centimeter 180grn flats over TiteGroup
Only 33rnd .50 Beowulf 330grn round nose over LilGun

How fast can you get coated lead before quickly fouling? These .500s hopefully around 1600-1700 fps

44DA98C5-8749-4C82-9088-11232A4E7884.jpeg

Family got me one of those FA wet pin tumblers for Christmas. I haven't tried the cleaning solution that comes with it, but I've been using Lemishine and laundry detergent, and after an hour and a half or so, any deprimed 5.56 brass comes out down-right pretty.
I have one of those, too. Was in Scheels a few weeks ago and saw filter screens that are secured under the screw-down caps to keep the pins from going down the drain with the dirty water. Pure genius!

Have a range day planned and I'm a little light on 10mm. Loaded 100 rounds of 10mm with 180gr flat points, Star line brass, federal large pistol primers and 13gr of Accurate #9.

Need to find a good pistol case funnel set. The Midway set I have is long in the tooth. Open to suggestions.

1000005338.jpg

Update:
while cleaning the bench to make room for more reloads, I found this.

Initially I thought it was a "powder through expander die" funnel. Turns out it is just what I was looking for 😎

1000005341.jpg

Last Edited:
I'm ready to do a production run of 38 spl, but can't find enough primers. The one place I found SP primers would not ship to buyers in CA! I only have a couple hundred left. The one local store with primers wants $10 a hundred! And will only sell 100 at a time. DR

I'm ready to do a production run of 38 spl, but can't find enough primers. The one place I found SP primers would not ship to buyers in CA! I only have a couple hundred left. The one local store with primers wants $10 a hundred! And will only sell 100 at a time. DR
Availability has improved but only a little.

The search engine ammoseek.com has a reloading tab where you can search for brass, bullets, and primers.
Good luck with your search

Here's one that I liked:

Free shipping with a $20 hazmat fee gets you 5K primers ~ 5cents each

Last Edited:
You are probably out of luck do to the restrictions placed on suppliers by California.

Here's the link for who they won't ship to including California:

On another site, Powder Valley Inc, this is posted:
"California: Due to new CA regulations all ammunition must be shipped to a licensed FFL holder or a FFL03 and Cert. of Eligibility holder. Please have your FFL or ammunition vendor forward a copy of their license to [email protected] or fax to 620-229-8690. Please reference order number when sending FFL or license. Failure to do so could result in a delay of shipment. No sales to the cities of Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento or San Francisco."

This is likely why so many vendors just say "Nope!"

I could be wrong, but I believe this legislation is from Kamala when she was Attorney General.

Road Trip?

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top