JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went up to the foothills over Hood River (for you SW'ers you could call it "Orchard Land") and picked up a couple more cases of Gravensteins to can another 30qts of applesauce. That's to add to last weeks stash. Picked up two more boxes of 7.62X54R.

Ordered a chest rig for M-4 magazines. Practiced with bow. Now for some football!

As to the above posts on stocking liquor, cheap is the way to go. Stressed folks are are buying the kick not the sip. Same with tobacco, stock Bugler, nicotine addicts would smoke chicken yard twigs if they thought the twigs contained nicotine .

Firewood, avoided the heat (88 degrees here)
BTW my friend put-up some store bought wine 20 years ago it is nearly all bad now.

Vodka, Gin, Whiskey. Wine has to be unfiltered and cellared. High alcohol complex beers age quite well....stored upright, don't lay them down.

Bought 1000 rounds of CCI Mini-mags....

Read an urban survival book by Ragnar Benson, I get a kick out of old Ragnar! Received my new six magazine across the chest harness. I helped the Chinese economy a little. It's a Condor and I was stunned by its quality! First it's plenty big and very well sewn and finished! I bought a condor product some years back and it was a complete POS. Got my money's worth this time!

Stacked firewood, hauled off trash, built dog run/fenced fruit trees, dug drainage ditch,, priced building materials, filled sand bags
tested mico-brews and local wines, helped a neighbor

Hauled off my (Hopefully) last load of trash, split and stacked firewood. Tested some air powered tools. Chopped water, hauled wood, getting ready for winter.

They are the Blue plastic food grade barrels. They have sealed tops with just the 2 small threaded caps. I was also able to get a hand pump that matches the threads for one of the caps.

Last Edited:
Put an application in on a house to rent here in Goodyear. Moving all my items has shown me some physical things i am missing. I haven't strength trained in the last year and started again very recently (coincided with the move, not the new year ;) ). Looking for a gun club and some shooting buddies in the Phoenix area. Began posting here at SWFA and would like to be a regular, contributing member.

Began moving into my new house and will try to begin meeting the neighbors.

First 4 days of working out are complete and i'm quickly remembering what it's like to be sore again.

Searching for a Labrador puppy to begin my family. If anyone knows of any available, please let me know.

Spent the weekend working on getting the house put together.
Met up with a few people i'd met last week and beginning to work towards a new network of friends in the area.
Took a trip to Costco and bought far more than I needed.

Picked up a couple items from the FFL I probably don't actually need. Passed along a couple mags and some ammo to a friend as a thank you. Got my new set of adjustable dumbbells and unpacked them. Now to see if I can make myself use them on a regular basis to try to get back in some sort of shape.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top