JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Winchester dates to 1953 and was equipped with that Unertl 8X scope right from the get go! It is different from modern scopes, the eye relief and field of view are much tighter, and the cross hairs were made from Black Widow spider silk! it is VERY accurate despite it's age and isn't that sensitive to ammo!

I have a few 22 rifles
Remington
1-model 34
2-510
1-511
2-512
2-521 junior special
1-514
Marlin golden 39
Glenfield model 20
Marlin model 80
Steven's model 86c
Anshutz Mark 10
Cooey model 60
Mossberg 46m/b
May have missed a few

Last Edited:
My .22 rifle is a second model DPMS Bull Barrel on an AR lower. I bought it to match the weight of my .458 upper. :)

I've tried the .22 / 5.56 inserts , but found they only gave beer can accuracy at 50 yards.:(

With the DPMS, I use old 12 ga. shotgun hulls for targets. :p

Was that, "Hit", or "Spit".:rolleyes:..:p

2961EBC9-AC6A-48F4-9524-F1D8D4DECF73.gif

My .22 rifle is a second model DPMS Bull Barrel on an AR lower. I bought it to match the weight of my .458 upper. :)

I've tried the .22 / 5.56 inserts , but found they only gave beer can accuracy at 50 yards.:(

With the DPMS, I use old 12 ga. shotgun hulls for targets. :p

LOL, Cap'n do you ever hit any of those hulls? Giggle! o_O :eek:
How is the boat running, doing any fishing? :D
Gabby
Sorry saw who it was and couldn't help myself, snicker. :p

I finally got a Kimber .22 conversion top end for my 1911 full size frames, and so far, it rocks! I had heard the mags can be a bit finicky, but I haven't had any issues so far! Ran about 200 rounds through it on both my Eclipse and 2011 series with a 3D printed Mag well insert, and it ran perfectly on both!

Also ran my CMMG .22 conversion in my new SBR retro AR and it also ran beautifully, very consistent hits out to 75 meters or so with out issue!
I'm all set with .22 now! :cool:

Wow, now that's a scope!!
I know zero about optics, but I'm guessing the great distance between the elements is to create the magnification ratio desired. Why such a small maintube? Probably because making really good lenses of any larger diameter was a difficult and expensive task. Who could afford to buy a $500 scope in say, 1960?

Just finished this one. Made up with a Green Mountain blank turned and chambered for me by Tactical Ammunition. Lower is a Tennessee Arms with a 3 pound BTE drop in trigger. Ceiner Conversion to run on this and my M16.

NiXiXKj.jpg

Greg

I finally got a Kimber .22 conversion top end for my 1911 full size frames, and so far, it rocks! I had heard the mags can be a bit finicky, but I haven't had any issues so far! Ran about 200 rounds through it on both my Eclipse and 2011 series with a 3D printed Mag well insert, and it ran perfectly on both!

Also ran my CMMG .22 conversion in my new SBR retro AR and it also ran beautifully, very consistent hits out to 75 meters or so with out issue!
I'm all set with .22 now! :cool:
I went with the Marvel conversion it came with a threaded barrel and a built-in rail on top with Olympic accuracy.

22 cal pisols 004.jpg

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top