JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been waiting for this time of year all year long!!! :s0115:

This is the most dynamic season for Arizona weather, and I love it!!

Anyway... as far as relating this to firearms... won't be long until the fire bans are lifted and we can go out and CHOOT DE TARGUTZ!!!

So all you fellow Zonies out there, enjoy your monsoon and post pics of your haboobs!! :s0001:

I just had a new roof put on my house last week, and having trees trimmed and removed this coming week - getting ready for the monsoons....

I would rather spend $20k on gunz and ammo!

I'm right there with you. I think I'm going to try to coat my shingle roof with that fiberglass stuff, you know that rolls on? Probably going to have to wait until after this monsoon season to get up there and do it. Might try it myself when it's cooler weather.

I've got a tile roof.... and I wasn't going to be running around up there stacking and replacing the tiles after replacing the underlayment. That just sounded like way too much work to me!

Yeah... that sounds like a good job for the local home depot workforce... or a professional. I didn't know that roof had to be replaced. Always had shingles...
The tiles are guaranteed, while the tar paper underneath it dries out and dissolves over time. This new stuff is supposed to last for 40 years. I'll be long dead by then - so I'll never find out of it's true!

I always thought that monsoon season was in the fall? Then again WTF do I know:s0114:

Before fall. Usually July to September.
When it rains real hard, it has a tendency to cool things off quite a bit, a temporary reprise from extreme heat. After that, humid AF, until either the next rain, or until everything dries out again...
Personally I like the action, the way the sky looks, the thunder and lightning, and all the water being dumped.

I've seen video of the low lands becoming like a LAHAR, everything not tied down gets swept away...stay safe fella's.

On the onset, you can get that in the normally dry creek and river beds.
flash flooding can be a problem when the ground is baked to the consistency of concrete, but if monsoon starts out slow, the ground has a chance to soften up and become more absorbent. Still gonna get flash flooding, due to the amount of water being dumped in a short time, but I wouldn't consider it dangerous or anything. Unless you try to cross... or do something else equally unintelligent...

Before fall. Usually July to September.
When it rains real hard, it has a tendency to cool things off quite a bit, a temporary reprise from extreme heat. After that, humid AF, until either the next rain, or until everything dries out again...
Personally I like the action, the way the sky looks, the thunder and lightning, and all the water being dumped.

I want to see her boobs!!! Wait did I spell that correctly?:confused:

11 Charlie said, "I always thought that monsoon season was in the fall? Then again WTF do I know"

The Monsoon (Chubasco's) correspond with hurricane season, 15 June to 15 Sept.
As the moisture from the Gulf of Mexico is pushed across Texas we get rain in AZ

Point of note:
If the rain comes from the Gulf of Mexico (South East) its a Monsoon
When the rain comes from the hurricanes in the the Pacific or the Sea of Cortez, it's a Chubasco
Both are violet storms And now you know LOL

Years ago, during a great Summer T-storm, we were eating dinner at Bennigans at Fiesta Mall in Mesa. Across the street is the huge parking lot, with 100' light poles with a big ring of halide fixtures. Lightning struck one, and the entire ring crashed to the ground with a terrific boom. I was so impressed, I stood up and cheered.

Everyone else was scared bubblegumless.:eek: Then they knew the truth about me...

S u b R o s a

SubRosa, about 6 years ago I was directly underneath cloud to cloud lightning bolt and the magnetic impulse interrupted one TV and two tuners on satellite and they were off at the time.
I was able to recover the satellite tuner by unplugging it and shorting across the two prongs of the plug to drain the capacitors I was able to recover the other tuner a little bit eventually had to toss it
As for the TV it was a total loss I tried everything and it look like it was working but then it would all us all a sudden change channels all by itself it was possessed. LOL

When I hear the thunder, I pack-up and get out of there. Lightning can arc across the sky from miles and miles away from where you happen to be. It will hit you and kill you so fast, you'll never know it...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Prescott Valley, AZ
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top