JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been trying to buy a well sought after item for some time now, I check the pages incessantly. I joined the waitlists with every other shmuck that wants the same thing but when I finally received the email notice the damn thing is already sold out. It is not just this item but others that I have sought in the past. I chatted with one one of the reps from one company and they insisted that the notice goes out right when they receive stock on an item, but I have little faith in that story. When I needed a trigger pack for my Sp5 I mailed a popular vender to inquire about the availability of an item and after several mailings back and forth the young woman finally said that "she would put one in stock for me" she did and I ended up getting the item and for this I am very grateful...
Afterwards I thought "put one in stock?" so they actually had the items but were purposely not reflecting that one their page, I have no doubt it was to drive up desire for a hard to find item so they could charge more for it (not picking on this vendor, I was referring to any of them).
So to finally get to my point, do any of you think this is standard practice among online vendors, heck maybe any/all vendors at that?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Last Edited:
So to finally get to my point, do any of you think this is standard practice among online vendors, heck maybe any/all vendors at that?
My thoughts are with demand high for some items, inventory low to rely on a 'waiting list' is kind of a moot point.

For a biz to maintain an up to date list of inventory, then to cross refer it to customers who have put themselves on a 'waiting list' and then get them answered in a timely manner seems like a LOT of work for items that are selling quickly anyway.

Depending on the company and the product a waiting list might be practical but in a high volume, limited inventory situation probably not so much.

Three days in a row I got notifications from MidwayUSA that Small Rifle Primers were in stock, and in the time it took for me to pull up the website, they were sold out. Oh well, things are coming back slowly, IF the powers that be will leave things ALONE for a while!

I needed a buffer for my AR-45 the other day & after trying a few 'out of stock' sellers I was only too happy to pay more than I expected by the time I found one available-- same thing is happening with homes & cars

I needed a buffer for my AR-45 the other day & after trying a few 'out of stock' sellers I was only too happy to pay more than I expected by the time I found one available-- same thing is happening with homes & cars
Here in Seattle big corps are buying up the homes at way more then individual family's can afford, trying to buy up land... scum want to turn everything into Russian like housing. It is already starting to look a lot like it. Go look at old footage of Russian city's.

... IF the powers that be will leave things ALONE for a while!
Would you be referring to the tyrants-- and their Party-- who are currently destroying the nation? Walking filth like that can leave nothing untouched until they've completely ruined whatever it was that was beneficial to the The People as a whole.

Taken from the American President
"America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country can't just be a flag; the symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then, you can stand up and sing about the "land of the free"."

I disagree with the waffle in the white house. I am concern for his health and well being. Things would be a lot worse if he were to become incapacitated.

I am exploring the local political scene to see what I can do for the party to find strong candidates to run for the next election. WE the people need to more active and vocal. The other side knows how to whine with authority.

Perhaps I was wrong! (in truth I happened to this one by constantly going to the page, I was not notified by email)

I got one! (I think)

Now what remains to be seen is whether I will actually get it or when it comes to fulfilling my order it will go to backorder...
Wish me luck!

I have been trying to buy a well sought after item for some time now, I check the pages incessantly. I joined the waitlists with every other shmuck that wants the same thing but when I finally received the email notice the damn thing is already sold out. It is not just this item but others that I have sought in the past. I chatted with one one of the reps from one company and they insisted that the notice goes out right when they receive stock on an item, but I have little faith in that story. When I needed a trigger pack for my Sp5 I mailed a popular vender to inquire about the availability of an item and after several mailings back and forth the young woman finally said that "she would put one in stock for me" she did and I ended up getting the item and for this I am very grateful...
Afterwards I thought "put one in stock?" so they actually had the items but were purposely not reflecting that one their page, I have no doubt it was to drive up desire for a hard to find item so they could charge more for it (not picking on this vendor, I was referring to any of them).

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Maybe waitlists should be called, "wastelists" instead…. :s0025:

New Resource Reviews

Back Top