JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I haven't bought a gun at a dealer for at least 20 years. Before that my best friend had an FFL and I always got them at price. But my friend moved back, way back East. This week I'm driving up to J & G Sales and getting one of those Security 9 Rugers. It's the first place I have seen that is selling it at Ruger's suggested price. The closest gun shop to me is Cabalas and when I go there for a quick buy of even 100 primers for some unknown reason, after I pay at the register my bottom is sore. Their price for the same handgun is way over the suggested price.

Like I said, it's been years since I filled out any forms to buy a gun. I'm not worried about passing a background check or any of the other buttons or bells. But I heard these new forms ask you how many guns do you own. If this is true in my book it is a clear violation of what that form is suppose to do. Show I'm not some convicted felon or convicted of domestic violence, sell me the gun, then destroy the form. Not an inventory on what is none of their business. Can someone fill me in on what to expect. I don't need any surprises.

You fill out the 4473 form.
The FFL does a background check.
If you are not delayed or denied you walk out with the gun.
If you have a CCW permit they don't have to do the background check.

But I heard these new forms ask you how many guns do you own.
The Form 4473 is a federal document. You should be able to read its latest iteration on-line. As I recall, there are thirteen questions a buyer is asked. The first twelve are all Yes answers. The very last one is a No answer. I do not recall if a question asks as to how many guns the buyer already owns. Even though I have bought many guns over the years, I always read every question slowly to make certain I do not answer incorrectly and by doing so, preclude my purchase before it ever obtains.

Last Edited:
How many is not on the form. Least not as of last month.

SR

It has been a good long while since I've purchased a new firearm from an FFL Dealer so unless they have changed the BATFE Form 4473 to include asking how many guns you own, I think this is a mistaken assertion.
As mentioned I suggest you peruse the form online to see EXACTLY what each question is and IF the question about how many firearms you own is actually in the form. I suspect it is not.
I DO hope to find out in the very near future myself since I just ordered a firearm and am waiting for it to deliver to a local Dealer where I will go pick it up AFTER filling out the form(s) and providing my CCW to expedite the purchase/pickup.
Good Luck to you, Sir

BATF is changing the 4473 supposedly next yr. Nowhere on the present form does it ask how many guns you have. It does ask the FFL to state how many guns are being transferred in this transaction to you. Those are described within the FFL portion of the form.

How many you are buying as you stand at the dealer's counter is on the Form 4473, and has been for a long time. There has to be an accounting as to how many firearms are going into the population. I'd imagine there has to be an equal number of "items sold" to match the number of serial numbers listed. What bugs me is that some rectal aperture decided I cannot buy more than one handgun per month. Oh, wait. That was when Virginia very stupidly elected Doug Wilder as Governor in the early 1990s. George Allen got rid of that. Now the abortion doctor Ralph Northam wants it reinstated, along with a raft of other idiocy that will have no effect on criminal activity...

How many you are buying as you stand at the dealer's counter is on the Form 4473, and has been for a long time. There has to be an accounting as to how many firearms are going into the population. I'd imagine there has to be an equal number of "items sold" to match the number of serial numbers listed. What bugs me is that some rectal aperture decided I cannot buy more than one handgun per month. Oh, wait. That was when Virginia very stupidly elected Doug Wilder as Governor in the early 1990s. George Allen got rid of that. Now the abortion doctor Ralph Northam wants it reinstated, along with a raft of other idiocy that will have no effect on criminal activity...
Yeah, it's okay to kill your unborn child (AKA women's health) but don't you dare buy more than one weapon per month!

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top