JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone!

I'd like to write a long introduction to who I am and what I'm all about, but I'm late to get out to my semi-private range and shoot some distant rocks that are offensive to me... but ill be back.

Looking forward to checking out the site a little bit, and perhaps even some interaction with some like minded individuals... Guns, Reloading, Hunting, Prepping... All the habits my father passed on to me... still trying to decide if it was blessing or curse... Mostly blessing, but sometimes...
LOL!

Be careful when shootin' at rocks. The energy of the bullet has to go somewhere when it hits a solid object. Best way for a bullet to shed its energy is to give it off as heat. "Heat," in this context, is a spark. We all know what happens when a spark meets-up with dry grass. Doesn't matter if the bullet is gilding metal and a lead core. It's the release of the energy in the velocity at impact that's the problem.

It's really dry where I live for most months of the year. We can't go into the desert to shoot between May 1 and September 1; fire danger is just too high. Those dates may not be correct, but I do know there are start dates and end dates for shooting in the desert-- just because of the fire danger. But still, we'll have one idiot go out there and set afire tens of thousands of acres of cheat grass and what-all. Happens every year. Our law limits the financial liability for someone who starts a fire to $10,000. Fire expenses can easily go into the millions, so that's quite a break. I do not know if the owners of destroyed homes can sue he who started the fire. I suppose so, if it can be proven that it was Elmer Fudd or Popeye who started the fire. We had one here a few years ago that was started because a man put fireplace ashes into a plastic garbage can, and left the garbage can on his porch. The ashes melted the garbage can, his home caught and 26 other homes were ultimately destroyed because he was either too stupid to know that heat melts plastic or that he was to lazy to put the ashes into a covered, steel garbage can. I'd not like not be that guy on that street...

Last Edited:
Yes sir nvshooter.

I'm pretty responsible with my rock slaughtering. The place I go has a very high cliff wall, no vegetation, but this was the season closer for me on rock slaughtering. April in az and it's getting warm and dry.
I Usually quit a month earlier than when the dry season even hits.

Crazy thing here is if you shoot rocks in the wrong place, they get you for defacing govt property.

Crazy thing here is if you shoot rocks in the wrong place, they get you for defacing government property.
Eighty-seven percent of Nevada's area is owned by the federal government. That land is mostly desert; plenty of surface rocks at which to shoot but they're mostly small and are not seen from any nearby road. I am unaware if shooting at rocks within the confines of Nevada's borders constitutes defacement of government property, but there are laws that defy reasonable thinking in every State. I don't shoot at rocks because they don't print a group very well.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top