JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$40
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
City
Glendale
State
Arizona
Zip Code
I have a VISM Universal Rear Sight Pusher for sale. It came from a pal who bought it to move the rear sight on a Glock. Its like new. Seen these retail for $60 on Ebay. Selling for $40. Located near Cabela's

Sight vise 02.jpg Sight vise 01.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
As a gun guy and pistol smith, your opinion of the tool? Sorry to take up your time. Does it require mounting onto the loading bench. I have been eyeballing them for some time. Some of the prices are astounding. On occasion I have needed one. But not very often. Trying to justify expenditure.

I'm sure a couple of C clamps or mounting it in a vise would work well. It's fairly stout and if your only changing sights once in a while it should work. Now if your removing sights on a Springfield XD series even the MGW struggles with those. Most of those I've had to remove using a big milling machine and cut them out. If you were at the range and and wanted to move a sight precisely vs a punch and hammer this should get the job done. You might have to use shims on some slides to get a better contact like the Berettas but 1911 I'd think it would be fine.

Currently, my concerns are a springfield XM. Contemplating removing sights and replacing with night sights. Also have some heinie night sites on a S&W shield that will need replacing eventually. If I hear you correctly, the springfield might be better taken to a gun shop.

The Springfield's I swear they heat the slides up and freeze the sights and push them in with a hydraulic press. They are so stubborn. I can do 5 sight swaps on most pistols compared to an X series. I always laugh when the X series owner says "where are my sights?" When you tell them they are on the floor next to the milling machine they don't believe you. The Shield is an easy push to swap sights on. I have up the hammer and punch years ago on pistols . Rifles you might need to on the rear sight of a 22.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top