JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This guy may very well be on to something. Boris Johnson (prime minister of Britain) had to be moved to the ICU for COVID-19 complications. He was treated with oxygen and improved fairly quickly. There just might be something to this...

Old school is usually the right move! 02 treatments have been well proven for many medical ailments, especially viral, so why not here as well! Don't actually need a Hyperbaric chamber ether, that's so 1960's we have much better tech today, in the form of pressure bags that can raise the pressures enough with out the complications having a chamber involve!

Don't actually need a hyperbaric chamber, either...
A caller asked Dr. Oz this very same question today on Hannity's radio show. The good doctor said the chamber wouldn't be too much help because of the size and expense. Apparently they are expensive, quite large and consume a great deal of peripheral space to put into operation. A ventilator has to be quite small, because we talk about ordering/needing them by the tens of thousands. Praise God for micro-digital electronics...

A caller asked Dr. Oz this very same question today on Hannity's radio show. The good doctor said the chamber wouldn't be too much help because of the size and expense. Apparently they are expensive, quite large and consume a great deal of peripheral space to put into operation. A ventilator has to be quite small, because we talk about ordering/needing them by the tens of thousands. Praise God for micro-digital electronics...

Except that ventilators are for people who are in respiratory distress. This virus is not causing that - it is interfering with the ability of hemoglobin to bond with oxygen. Forcing air pressure into the lungs with a ventilator does not increase the amount of oxygen. The patient needs to be in an environment with higher atmospheric pressure, so that the density of oxygen is greater - something that the ventilator can't do. Now, there are low pressure/high oxygen ventilators out there, but they are not what is being used.

This video will hopefully explain it better:

What are the dimensions of one of these ventilators? How much do they weigh? I did a search for "dimensions of a ventilator" and found the following:

Judging by the size of the handle, the thing looks to be about the size of a toaster. I'll guess the weight to be around six pounds and the cost to be between $1500 to $2500 each. We read about how assembly lines at shuttered automobile assemble plants have been fired-up again to produce ventilators. I'm no genius, but it looks to me to be one helsinki of an effort to do that. Assembling a ventilator and assembling an automobile are two different things. The former requires a sterile atmosphere, which is an expensive proposition to put into place.

When this is all over, I hope we stockpile any ventilators that were never used. God only knows when we will need them again.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top