JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
May not have been under the house, but I found this in a little loft in my last house.

ca6q2z.jpg

.. .. .. found this in a little loft in my last house.

View attachment 20623
Dam-ned nice! Looks like it's never been fired, or has been and the previous owner really respected it to be a fine piece of machining in its own right. A fine firearm is something you respect; it's not to be treated like a red-headed stepchild. If an owner just can't take good care of his guns, it's my opinion that he shouldn't own any.

I know serial numbers were not mandatory until the 1960s? I may be wrong there. I have an old h&r in some weird caliber I think its in 38 s&w short or something. Anyways its a model 1902 or 1904. Its been broken for years and Its a wall hanger now. It does not have serial numbers to my knowledge

View attachment 15229 View attachment 15230 View attachment 15231 View attachment 15232
Most of these guns were in S&W calibers, .32S&W, .38S&W sometimes but very rarely .38 short colt. I have one in .32S&W that had apparently been my grandfathers, and since I was the grandson that liked guns, it ended up in my hands when my aunt found it in the house.

Part of my job is opening safes, one client bought a house and wanted his new (to him) safe opened. Upon opening it we found it was jam packed with holstered handguns. The former homeowner had no beneficiary's so the new buyer got to keep them

Dam-ned nice! Looks like it's never been fired, or has been and the previous owner really respected it to be a fine piece of machining in its own right. A fine firearm is something you respect; it's not to be treated like a red-headed stepchild. If an owner just can't take good care of his guns, it's my opinion that he shouldn't own any.
Agreed. It's comedically picky with ammo (even the same load it likes but from different lot numbers will cause it to fail) but I'll be damned if it's not so accurate it's boring.

Why do people have to store handguns in leather holsters? Just bought one recently that was next-to-new (original owner probably put less than 50 rounds through it), BUT it had been stored for over 40 years in a leather holster. Sad!
Same thing with brass cartridges. If you store your gun with a cartridge in the chamber, be sure it is a nickel case, or it will corrode in place.:eek:
Ask me how I know...:s0093:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top