JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have my Zermatt Arms TL3-SA action for building a 6.5mm PRC target rifle that might not fire its first round for several hundred years to come. The TL3 is an M700 clone; utilizes the several precision triggers that are available for the production-run M700 rifles.

Found this run-down: https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-remington-700-triggers/#The Quick List

I have no idea as to how much to spend for a good trigger that doesn't require my finger to have bulging bicep or ample abductor muscles. Maybe 250 to 300 frogskins? I have a 1005 Tactical 2-stage trigger on one of my ARs. Sets at 2.0 pounds; trips with another 2.5 pounds. I'm not thinking I'd want to go higher than that on a bolt gun. Mayve even to half of that on a bolt gun. I want to buy the right one the first time, so your input and advice is enthusiastically welcomed...

The article talks about Jewell Hunting & Varmint triggers.
I have used Jewell BR trigger (1.5 - 3 OZ) for all my custom rifles.

For the others in the article I would say Triggertech, then Timney, then Rifle Basix for ranked quality & adjustability

here's a link to prices on an affordable trigger from TriggerTech. The top 5 vendors offer the 1-3lb single stage trigger for under $180

Last Edited:
The article talks about Jewell Hunting & Varmint triggers.
I have used Jewell BR trigger (1.5 - 3 OZ) for all my custom rifles.

For the others in the article I would say Triggertech, then Timney, then Rifle Basix for ranked quality & adjustability

here's a link to prices on an affordable trigger from TriggerTech. The top 5 vendors offer the 1-3lb single stage trigger for under $180
Update, Jewell has gone out of business. There are a few people selling new old inventory.

Hello, I have a timney
I have my Zermatt Arms TL3-SA action for building a 6.5mm PRC target rifle that might not fire its first round for several hundred years to come. The TL3 is an M700 clone; utilizes the several precision triggers that are available for the production-run M700 rifles.

Found this run-down: https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-remington-700-triggers/#The Quick List

I have no idea as to how much to spend for a good trigger that doesn't require my finger to have bulging bicep or ample abductor muscles. Maybe 250 to 300 frogskins? I have a 1005 Tactical 2-stage trigger on one of my ARs. Sets at 2.0 pounds; trips with another 2.5 pounds. I'm not thinking I'd want to go higher than that on a bolt gun. Mayve even to half of that on a bolt gun. I want to buy the right one the first time, so your input and advice is enthusiastically welcomed...
Hello, I have the Timney HIT trigger in a custom remi 700 5R and I love it. The trigger is so smooth and at 8oz is a super clean break. I have heard awesome things about trigger tech as well.

IMG_2710.jpeg

New Resource Reviews

Back Top