JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This new Nevada State law prohibits ownership of any gun lacking a serial number, although guns dating before 1969 will be exempt--

What about the people who legally assembled 80% or any firearm(s) without serial #'s-- are they to become instant felons or be forced to turn their once legal firearms over to the State?

I agree with you, but Nevada experienced one of the most horrific mass-murder in our History. Politicians serve to get reelected, not the public. I guess we know which way the wind blows,,, up his skirt.

Am I reading the bill correctly in that the law wont even allow the possession of an unfinished receiver? And no pathway to making your existing finished receiver legal such as adding a serial number?

I wonder how many of the mountain men had serial numbers on their rifles when they tamed Nevada?

I get ghost guns might be a problem. According to this page a huge problem

Right up to the point you engage your brain. Percentages from past year always look damning.
We do not have a gun violence problem we have a mental health problem. My guns must have been on vacation since inception. None of them have ever harmed a human.

Electro-pencil or hand-stamp your own serial #, what's so hard about that? Just sayin... I suppose that in future all unfinished receivers will be serialised... More paper work, more govt control...

Last Edited:
Yep!! A felloow shooter had the ATF at his house. Searched everywhere! Had 2 on his work bench. Just the lowers no uppers or not drilled out. Confiscated!!!

blame the individual, not the gun
That ain't gonna work. Suckalot is a liberal piece of trash whom blew in from Los Angeles. Liberals never take responsibility for what they do. It's always someone else-- or someTHING else-- that holds the responsibility for whatever law was broken or for whomever was injured or killed in whatever incident that obtained. If liberals were to lay the blame at the feet of he whom actually committed a crime, it would soon become beyond obvious to all that people commit crimes-- not inanimate objects that "look scary." Blaming the individual is the intelligent decision, and it's an impossibility to assert that liberals are possessed of any form of reasonable intelligence. Conservatives take decisions based upon history, and their life-experiences guided by considered thought. Liberals take decisions based upon emotion. Doesn't take much thought to see into how much trouble that way of taking a decision can lead you...

also, conservatives tend to do nothing either. i vote conservative, i call and write my senators, i donate to campaigns and to pro gun lobbies. yet, on capitol hill, some conservatives do nothing. we had every opportunity for nation reciprocity and the hearing protection act but do nothing mcconnell let it die on his desk.

Yep!! A felloow shooter had the ATF at his house. Searched everywhere! Had 2 on his work bench. Just the lowers no uppers or not drilled out. Confiscated!!!
I noticed youre from AZ. So am I. Did this happen in AZ.? If so what part? Why would they just come to someones house? Is he a smith or FFL?

I noticed youre from AZ. So am I. Did this happen in AZ.? If so what part? Why would they just come to someones house? Is he a smith or FFL?
I am calling B.S. on his statement, because something is obviously missing from the story. Was he finishing 80% lowers, then assembling them for other people?? Was he manufacturing firearms and selling them without a license (basically the same as my first question)?? There has to be more to what happend than 'a fellow shooter had the ATF at his house'. 80% lowers are not firearms and are not illegal almost everywhere that I know of in this country.

Belevolk posted the one article, that was pretty well researched and written to evoke a OMG moment among people. It referenced facts that other articles in the past did not. Good fodder for the anti's.

Yes I'm in Az. Friend is in Nevada. I shoot with him every month. No reason for him to lie! Feds were tracking sales from a company he bought 80% lowers from. He was NOT building & selling!! Personal use only! Yes 80% are legal but tell that to the bubblegums that showed up at his house. So there's your BS. Plus his name is not the average American Smith or Jones etc.

I dont know why he let them in his house to begin with. They need to get a warrant from a judge showing they have reasonable cause to search his house. What did they say he was doing to give them a reason.? If they just tried walked in with out a warrant he should stopped them right there. This is still America. Something is missing from this story.

They had the warrant. They accused him of selling but he had every lower he bought. I don't remember the Co. name but they have been going after their lowers. It was in the news a few months back about which cos they were tracking.

Yes I'm in Az. Friend is in Nevada. I shoot with him every month. No reason for him to lie! Feds were tracking sales from a company he bought 80% lowers from. He was NOT building & selling!! Personal use only! Yes 80% are legal but tell that to the bubblegums that showed up at his house. So there's your BS. Plus his name is not the average American Smith or Jones etc.
Sad fact is it costs a pile of money to defend yourself in court or sue the gov't--of course the State/Fed has more cash than they'll ever need to bring you to your knees.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top