JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My guess is that you'll find it to be a great pastime. I've been reloading since the middle 1980s. The only ammo I buy new is rimfire and the stuff is so inaccurate, I don't shoot it. You'll soon ask yourself why you essentially threw away half the cost of the box of shells in the cost of the brass. If you need any answers, there are a ton of us on this site who will gladly offer advice and answer your questions...

I live in Chandler and just getting into reloading. I have been shooting since the 60s. Yes I am that old.

LOL You sound like a young whippersnapper if you think that's old, I was in the Navy by then and had been shooting on my own all over Salt River Bed behind Tempe Butte since I was about 12!, I rode horseback where the stadium now stands up to the top of the butte. I even rode all the way out to Apache Jct. carrying my Winchester pump in plain view and was never hassled by the cops, come to think of it I rode all over town with my rifle across the handlebars of my bike too without anyone making a fuss. Try doing that today not to mention shooting in the riverbed!
Tempe Union High, class of '60
Go Buffaloes!

Last Edited:
Thanks for the welcomes. I just wish I was as lucky as Gabby Hayes. He rode with some of my heroes in Az and sounds like he was born here. I was born and raised in the shadow of lake Erie, east of Cleveland. I visited my aunt and uncle in Tucson every couple years since 1956. I finally got stationed there in 1972.

Thanks for the welcomes. I just wish I was as lucky as Gabby Hayes. He rode with some of my heroes in Az and sounds like he was born here. I was born and raised in the shadow of lake Erie, east of Cleveland. I visited my aunt and uncle in Tucson every couple years since 1956. I finally got stationed there in 1972.
If you are referring to George "Gabby" Hayes, I'm not him, I use his name and photo as my avatar and I look a little like him, and he was one of my favorite characters back in the day. When he was partnered with Roy Rogers, he and Bullet were my favorites.
I'm also a gabby person by nature, have been since I was a Young Whippersnapper! LOLOL o_O So the handle fits me, I can talk your leg off at the drop of a hat, and I wear one so I'm always ready! :D.
Welcome aboard, I'm sure you are aware of the difference from the west and anything east of the Mississippi River, I never lost anything back there that I want or need to return for!
See ya around, keep your powder dry.
Gabby

Yes I am. The City of Tempe and the gay mayors city council built the lake with blow up dams. This is when water was not such big deal now with the continuing dry seasons, keeping the lake filled is a expensive propisation.
The water quality is always a problem and sometimes it was really hard to even drive by with the windows down. I guess the City has gotten their money back. The City council thought that a property tax increase was a good idea. I voted against and it was defeated.
Might be a great idea, I just believe there is a better way to spend money and have an Oasis in the desert not a blood stinking pond. See Rio Salado Project which ASU students had designed a riparian area/park/activity area.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Prescott Valley, AZ
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top