JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Phoenix

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
On Tuesday, January 10, 2017, Mayor Dustin Escapule proclaimed, "Whereas, the City Council of Tombstone hereby proclaims the rights of the people to keep and bear arms as originally understood; in self-defense and preservation, and in defense of our community and country, and; Now therefore, I, Dustin L. Escapule, do hereby proclaim that from this date forward, Tombstone shall be known as 'America's Second Amendment City' in full support of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States."

The idea of a formal proclamation was pitched to the mayor by local business owner Gordon Anderson of the Larian Motel. "This represents a great day in our history," Anderson said. "Right now, we are America's only Second Amendment City. It fits into our past, present, and future."

Freedom Days is a two-day celebration of the Second Amendment and to the preservation of all citizen's Second Amendment rights. Last year over 6,000 people celebrated in Tombstone over a two-day period with hopes that this event will continue to grow and garner support from American's across the United States.

"We have one of the old pioneer, true west cities in America, and that's what I want people across the country to know." Mayor Escapule

I have always wanted to go to Tombstone. I love the history of these places.

Dude, you gotta go and see it, yea, it's a little over the top and cheesy, but still, it's historical and cool!
Too bad they closed up the really good gun shop there in town, that was always a highlight of the trip, and could find a desert gem every now and then! Scored a super sweet 1903-A3 one time, very good price, and Dad walked out of there with a super slick Winchester Lever Big Bore!
Sad to see the town is loosing the good vendors!

Dude, you gotta go and see it, yea, it's a little over the top and cheesy, but still, it's historical and cool!
Too bad they closed up the really good gun shop there in town, that was always a highlight of the trip, and could find a desert gem every now and then! Scored a super sweet 1903-A3 one time, very good price, and Dad walked out of there with a super slick Winchester Lever Big Bore!
Sad to see the town is loosing the good vendors!

Well maybe one day when we are both in AZ we can make a trip out of it and hit all the gun stores on the way home!

Tombstone is like the Nudist colony, just because you can open carry and desplay your goodies to the whole world, dosnt mean every one should! When all the tourists show up carrying all sorts of stuff, people tend to get nervous, especially because for many, this is the first chance they ever had to excercize that right!
And just like the events that made this town famous, one of the things they did was "No Guns in Town"

Only Charter Cities in Az, which Tombstone is NOT, so the question becomes, WHY is Tombstone restricting lawful carry , and more importantly by what Authority ( Presuming the County Sheriff) and if so, perhaps a recall effort is in order! I smell something fishy here!

Only Charter Cities in Az, which Tombstone is NOT, so the question becomes, WHY is Tombstone restricting lawful carry , and more importantly by what Authority ( Presuming the County Sheriff) and if so, perhaps a recall effort is in order! I smell something fishy here!

NO government entity is exempt from the ruling by the Arizona Supreme Court.

"Declaring STATE lawmakers have the final say, the Arizona Supreme Court ruled Thursday that cities, towns and counties have no right to enact their own gun regulations. "

Tombstone is NOT exempt, as they are an INFERIOR entity to the state legislature. Any attempt to enforce such ordinances or laws are themselves ILLEGAL.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top